Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

robison4th

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
First off I just want to thank you so much for posting this because I've been searching the internet for a solution like this. I'm currently attending a university and we have wired access points in our dorms rooms as well as wifi, but the wireless sucks because of all the clients connected to it. I'll be lucky to get half a Mb/s while on wireless, yet the wired connection is gigabit ethernet and I'll get speeds anywhere from 700-900 Mb/s on my desktop.

Yes, I'm well aware that I can create a wireless access point from my PC or buy a router or access point, but the university doesn't allow any devices as such because it interferes with their wireless network. Hence my need from a wired solution where I tether my phone to my computer for internet.

I have a 25 foot usb extension cable that I use to charge my phone from my computer and use tethered internet. I believe that the speed cap tethered with the lightning connection is only 30 MB/s thou, but it's better than the wireless. There are rare cases where an application like this is usful an I'm thankful for people that take the time to post and share things like this.

Patty60205

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
HI thanks for ur post. It is useful since my phone wifi receiver is broken and apple company is a b**** and doesnt fix it. they only provide paying money to switch for another iphone.

Last edited:

Ronald Laya

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Bro, this is so freaking great. Don't hear these people. I do appreciate it (like 4 years later). Idk if this still works but i'll give it a try. I've received an old iPhone 4 ios 7.1.2 as gift from a friend just for fun. I'm not fan at all of apple products but I had to give it a try at least. Ofc first thing i did was jailbreak it. I'm now just trying to get the internet working on it from my pc since (now I know) I'm the only person in this world that works on a place with a secured wifi with password, and traditional (RJ45) LAN network.

If you have any updates or method that you think could work for my iOS/iPhone version just let me know!

Thanks & Bless!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2