Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i googled it, and for what its worth, there is information about electrosensitivity...
i still think it is some crazy mumbo jumbo... just sayin....

that being said, you should just follow the instructions from the original post and see if it works....

hefangdotom

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
very useful post

wi-fi is usually restricted in companies out of security concerns. I'm searching for such a solution to save moeney, my data plan is 100MB

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
3cit, at least thank you for responding.

But the sad fact is, that this is reality for a lot of people.
And even though you may not have any problems with
radiation yourself does not mean that is does not excist.

Same with allergies, some people have them and some don't.

An interesting detail is that Apple discretely added to their
iPhone user manual 2 years ago that they do not recommend
user to have an active iPhone closer than 1 inch to their body.
Now why is that? If radiation is not an issue, why do they need
to add that to their manual?

Anyway, I don't want to ponder on about this issue, there
are endless angles and real life references about its validity,
but I am merely interested to hear if there is a solution to the
iPad online by cable scenario.

But, as a cautionary measure, I would still recommend you
to have all radiation emitting devices turned off when not in use.
If nothing else, it will make you sleep better and give your body
some rest from it's stress response to the radiation...

>wave

I can't beleive this thread's legs. Anyway, if there is anybody who would have been messed up by EM radiation, it would be me. I don't claim any extra-special sensitivity, but in the Navy, I used to work on a transmitter that was so powerful that I could "hear" if it was transmitting or not as I approched the facility. It was AM, so I don't know if if was my metal tooth fillings or something else, but I could clearly hear the morse code beacon information.

There was also a maintenance procedure that we would always make the new guy do whenever possible, because the area was so confined that you had to straddle the antenna load. You would have to take a break when you started feeling your naughty bits start to tingle.

In any case, I've survived all of that with no harmful effects, and the frequencies nowadays have a lot less penetrating power. I've sired four healthy kids after many trips to the "hot seat".

If someone is NOT allergic to peanuts, it's not practical to tell them to stay away from them just in case. If you're not sensitive to EM fields, I wouldn't really be worried about it.

If nextwave is indeed as sensitive as claimed, I don't know how he could possibly survive in today's world unless he lived in a Faraday cage 24 hours a day. The world is completely filled with EM, natural and artificial.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
once again i just question the use.. if yhou have a computer, why would you want to surf on the iphone?
its not like searching on the iphone while "tethered" (or whatever this is) is hiding your searching... its still sending the same exact data through your pc wifi connection.... its just showing on your phone instead of your pc monitor

DigitalFreak99

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
3cit - you have stated a few times you want this thread to die, because its no use for you or wider majority - do you think everyone who has a use for this, registers to provide feedback to satisfy your silly statistics?

If you have no interest in it, then don't post in here with your useless advice.

you state below

Yeah but as mentioned before there is a MUCH easier way to do this with default computer applications

How exactly? please enlighten us and actually contribute something meaningful to this topic.

To OP - Thank you!

Icyman

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Think beyond your tiny tiny world

After water damage rendered my wifi useless, It would be nice to have a way to download large apps that will NOT download through 3G or would take too damn long. And no I'm not going to spend $149 to replace this POS iphone. I guess it's file 13 for this paper weight.

Thankfully, my personal phone is a HTC Rezound. Internet pass-through is a default option.

oo!oo Apple, thanks for nothing.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
After water damage rendered my wifi useless, It would be nice to have a way to download large apps that will NOT download through 3G or would take too damn long. And no I'm not going to spend $149 to replace this POS iphone. I guess it's file 13 for this paper weight.

Thankfully, my personal phone is a HTC Rezound. Internet pass-through is a default option.

oo!oo Apple, thanks for nothing.

Again, if you're going so far as to connect the phone to a computer via a USB cable, why not just download the app on the computer itself instead of the phone? This is like trying to hack a 3 1/2" floppy drive to plug into a SATA port. It might be possible, but what is the point?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
3cit - you have stated a few times you want this thread to die, because its no use for you or wider majority - do you think everyone who has a use for this, registers to provide feedback to satisfy your silly statistics?

If you have no interest in it, then don't post in here with your useless advice.

you state below

How exactly? please enlighten us and actually contribute something meaningful to this topic.

To OP - Thank you!

Clearly YOU registered to make a comment to me...
Silly troll!

And I have contributed
MUCH to this RIDICULOUS TOPIC.

And this is seriously my favorite thread ever now and I'm going to nurture it and kelp it safe forever...

AsOTrak

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
it didn't work for me
i did everything as u said but nothing :(
i have 3gs ios 6.0.1 ,bb 5.13.04 , win7
when i click ( login ) it login normal and show me new 2 windows "terminal" + "SFTP"
but when i try to use safari it show me this message ("Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet.")
can u tell me why it didn't work? :(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
it didn't work for me
i did everything as u said but nothing :(
i have 3gs ios 6.0.1 ,bb 5.13.04 , win7
when i click ( login ) it login normal and show me new 2 windows "terminal" + "SFTP"
but when i try to use safari it show me this message ("Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet.")
can u tell me why it didn't work? :(
because your phone wasnt connected to the internet...

do you have internet in your house? cuz this setup supposedly gives your phone an internet connection by using your home internet

AsOTrak

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
because your phone wasnt connected to the internet...

do you have internet in your house? cuz this setup supposedly gives your phone an internet connection by using your home internet

sure i have internet at my pc , my carrier disactivated 3G and i put APN configs maybe this is the problem :(
or the problem is the IP , bcuz when i click "USB Tunnel" in IFunBox show me IP ("127.0.0.1") not as the topic's example (192.168.1.3, or 10.10.1.5)
my carrier APN settings http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=243
please give me a solution
& thanks man

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
127.0.0.1 is a loop back ip address. So it appears as if you aren't really set up
Correctly.
Also this isn't my thread or my tutorial, I have spent the vast majority of my time and messages in this thread openly mocking the originator, and those like yourself trying to use this!
Sorry dude.
I suggest you try to message the OP, or any of the others that have claimed this works.

wiqionline

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
@3cit if you are not able to help out people then you must not be there. see the thread still alive :rolleyes:
@AsOtrak you could be missing something as instructed. Re ensure you have installed OpenSSH and ssl into your idevice.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
127.0.0.1 is a loop back ip address. So it appears as if you aren't really set up
Correctly.
Also this isn't my thread or my tutorial, I have spent the vast majority of my time and messages in this thread openly mocking the originator, and those like yourself trying to use this!
Sorry dude.
I suggest you try to message the OP, or any of the others that have claimed this works.

Why would u want this lol isn't this what routers are for ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does nobody bother to read threads anymore before posting?

I have been nothing short of obnoxious for the entire life of this thread. The thread that gave us the RIDICULOUS concept of tethering your phone to your Internet connection through a computer, so you can use the Internet on the phone, WHILST SITTING AT YOUR INTERNET ENABLED COMPUTER!
The thread that has introduced me to an "electro-sensitive" man, who knows THOUSANDS of other electro-sensitives, who live everyday of their life in abject pain and misery because of all the wireless signals surrounding us....
So no, I'm "not there" and no I'm not interested in actually helping people achieve this lunacy! However i always point them back to the o. p. and I always answer the questions they ask.
And I'm still firm in the issue that this is useless!
It's as useless as a used piece of toilet paper

wiqionline

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Does nobody bother to read threads anymore before posting?

I have been nothing short of obnoxious for the entire life of this thread. The thread that gave us the RIDICULOUS concept of tethering your phone to your Internet connection through a computer, so you can use the Internet on the phone, WHILST SITTING AT YOUR INTERNET ENABLED COMPUTER!
The thread that has introduced me to an "electro-sensitive" man, who knows THOUSANDS of other electro-sensitives, who live everyday of their life in abject pain and misery because of all the wireless signals surrounding us....
So no, I'm "not there" and no I'm not interested in actually helping people achieve this lunacy! However i always point them back to the o. p. and I always answer the questions they ask.
And I'm still firm in the issue that this is useless!
It's as useless as a used piece of toilet paper
you seem to be more interested than others :cool:
you login daily for reading new posts on this thread and to answer any question. If it's really useless thread, you would have ignored at a glance very first time.... but you are responding "regularly"
Anyways this is for the people who cannot surf internet on iphone while having internet at home but in pc. May they use iphone for updating apps directly from cydia or appstore. playing online games with game center account. very handy for keeping the record of emails coming into iphone. And also they can use viber for sending and receiving sms without any cost or can make calls through viber and skype also. now if you really dont want all these things because you have active wifi connection, please keep away from this stuff.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's a tutorial.

Get a bike.
Tie a bungee chord to the handle bars and tie the other end to the trailer hitch on your car.

Now you can have someone drive the car to where you want go, but you can say that you rode your bike to get there.

If you are tethered to your computer you can use ifunbox to install cydia packagesOr itunes to update your AppStore apps.
You can also save your email messages from, oh I don't know, YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT. and maybe there's a way to message people from your email, I think I've heard of some crazy workaround score where you can message somebody's mobile device from your email account. Maybe it's crazy hard though, like knowing the phone number or address...
And as i said, maybe in my first or second post, a wireless router is a one time purchase of like 15 dollars!
As for my logging in and replying, I'm active at imore, in particular the jailbreak section. So yeah i log in and reply.