Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to do?? Get Internet on your computer from your iPhone?? Or get Internet on your iPhone from your computer??

Reactions: ilhan1980

ilhan1980

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do?? Get Internet on your computer from your iPhone?? Or get Internet on your iPhone from your computer??

tanx
i want give internet from computer on my iphon becuse my 3gs phone dont have a wifi in setting(no wifi ) ...
i want use from inetrnet computer .

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I have no actual answer except to say that the original post appears to have all the directions necessary for this...
So you need to be jailbroken, and you need to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH and others....
Read original post, and follow his instructions

stravis1

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!!

I've been hoping there is a way to do this. I have a router but would like to access the internet on my computer while doing field work.

Too bad it's not easier. I'd pay you for an app...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been hoping there is a way to do this. I have a router but would like to access the internet on my computer while doing field work.

Too bad it's not easier. I'd pay you for an app...

Does the computer have wifi? Or can you add a USB wifi dongle? That's all you need... you then enable your iPhone's wifi hotspot - and your computer can then access the internet via your iPhone. It's very simple, really.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And this thread is all about giving your iPhone an Internet connection from your computer... Not vice versa.
Also this thread needs to go away and die, forever like...

Pal.king

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
A Thanks , but....

Guyz its not about having Wireless router or not , may be your device is having troubles connecting to the wifi because of some problem ....
may be you want to do some other things through your pc ....

Anyway , i have done everything in this section correctly but the password ( alpine ) isnt working at all !!
if you can help i would be grateful

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Weren't there some iPhones sold in China that didn't come with WiFi?

Geez, it seems like it's about time to start a revolution and join the rest of the world, technologically speaking.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
why wont this thread die!!!!!!
its like the st louis cardinals last year, if we arent careful, this thread is going to win the world series!!! just kill and bury this damn thread

nextwave

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to read that this topic is irrelevant for most people. There is an angle you obviously have not considered.

Being electro-sensitive, I can not be near any WIFI or active 3G device without suffering massive headaches, fatigue, and severe hangover symptoms the rest of the day and next day.

I have wanted to buy an iPad ever since they came on the market, but without the ability to be online with it, the options for using it are somewhat limited.

I would love to be able to sit on my couch and have an iPad in my lap, using it for all it can muster by being online through some cable connected to my laptop.

If the protocol listed in the first post would be possible to apply also for an iPod, I would be one happy camper.

Anyone that can confirm that this will work for an iPad?

(and yes, being electro sensitive is not a dream situation for anyone living in this technology dense
world. Took me a small fortune to shield my home from all neighbouring wifi's and 3G phones, not to mention celltowers...)

>wave

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to read that this topic is irrelevant for most people. There is an angle you obviously have not considered.

Being electro-sensitive, I can not be near any WIFI or active 3G device without suffering massive headaches, fatigue, and severe hangover symptoms the rest of the day and next day.

I have wanted to buy an iPad ever since they came on the market, but without the ability to be online with it, the options for using it are somewhat limited.

I would love to be able to sit on my couch and have an iPad in my lap, using it for all it can muster by being online through some cable connected to my laptop.

If the protocol listed in the first post would be possible to apply also for an iPod, I would be one happy camper.

Anyone that can confirm that this will work for an iPad?

(and yes, being electro sensitive is not a dream situation for anyone living in this technology dense
world. Took me a small fortune to shield my home from all neighbouring wifi's and 3G phones, not to mention celltowers...)

>wave

i know this is insensitive... but i cannot tell you enough how much i wish this to be true!!!!! im probably being so insensitive because of all the electronic devices in and around my house...
anyways, the irony here is beyond astounding.

also i told you people that we needed to be careful with this thread!! look at what has happened, we let it live and now with 1 comment it has become the greatest thread in the world.

nextwave

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
3cit, at least thank you for responding.

But the sad fact is, that this is reality for a lot of people.
And even though you may not have any problems with
radiation yourself does not mean that is does not excist.

Same with allergies, some people have them and some don't.

An interesting detail is that Apple discretely added to their
iPhone user manual 2 years ago that they do not recommend
user to have an active iPhone closer than 1 inch to their body.
Now why is that? If radiation is not an issue, why do they need
to add that to their manual?

Anyway, I don't want to ponder on about this issue, there
are endless angles and real life references about its validity,
but I am merely interested to hear if there is a solution to the
iPad online by cable scenario.

But, as a cautionary measure, I would still recommend you
to have all radiation emitting devices turned off when not in use.
If nothing else, it will make you sleep better and give your body
some rest from it's stress response to the radiation...

>wave

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR