Use iPhone to find parked car, campsite, etc

macgeek112

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I was browsin' the App Store with my new 3G S (actually, I was using my computer, I hate the mobile App Store) and was wondering if any of you could help me find an app from personal experiance.

I want an app that allows you to mark your current location, then get directions back to that spot later, like finding a trailhead or parking spot. I was looking at G-Park, but it seems like that just drops a pin in Maps.app. I was thinking of something that, say gave you a direction arrow and a distance, like my old Garmin.

Incedentally, do any of you know if the built in compass in the 3G S is a public API, or just in-house?

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just saw a app like this on app store not to long ago I will look for it and post back but you could just open maps and drop a pin if you wanted to,

Last edited:

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, open maps, then drop pin, and there you go, title the pin, ie car, or campus, whatever, it will work.

macgeek112

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the app recommendations, guys, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Check the screenshot draft I uploaded if it makes it any clearer.

this is exactly the product I'm looking for, only in app-form:

bushnell . com/gps/gps_backtrack.cfm]Bushnell Outdoor Products

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the app recommendations, guys, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Check the screenshot draft I uploaded if it makes it any clearer.

O you want it to show you witch way to walk. And I don't think apps can use the compass on iPhone 3G S yet because then it would be a iPhone 3G S app only.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Take me to my car does show you which way to walk, but not with a compass. It tracks you and where you dropped the pin, making it incredibly easy to navigate in a large parking lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2