Urgent help needed... PLEASE! Truely bricked iphone

foulflames

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got a problem with my iphone. It was working perfectly earlier today, then, sometime after 7pm, it stopped working. It looks like it's off, is unresponsive to the home button, sleep button, holding both for 10 seconds, etc. I've tried everything I can think of, including looking up some youtube videos for fixing a "bricked" iphone. I've plugged my phone into itunes and it is not detected. Tried SSHing into it with no luck..... AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

Does anyone have some ideas here?

Info:
3GS 16GB
4.2.1 jailbroken with greenp0ison
Not sure the rest, cuz I can't check...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If the battery is completely discharged, try charging it. It will take a few minutes. maybe 10 before the phone will wake up. Try that first. If that does not work then panic. Did you load any software on recently that could have caused the problem?

foulflames

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently installed the theme Elite Pro for 3GS, but that was a week ago.
Also installed the new cyget (I know I spelled it wrong) to work with firmware 4.2.1 yesterday.
If the battery is completely discharged, try charging it. It will take a few minutes. maybe 10 before the phone will wake up. Try that first. If that does not work then panic. Did you load any software on recently that could have caused the problem?

foulflames

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Solved

So, I went into the Mac Store today and found out what the problem was. I have a Belkin charger (apple sells them in store) and it fried my phone. The guy in there said I was the seventh person that he has dealt with, having the same problem.
He suggested that I go with a Griffin charger instead.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I went into the Mac Store today and found out what the problem was. I have a Belkin charger (apple sells them in store) and it fried my phone. The guy in there said I was the seventh person that he has dealt with, having the same problem.

What type of Belkin charger, just so others can be mindful of this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
One big reason I only use OEM charger and why Apple needs to make their own car charger.

twild

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

so you are stuck with a dead phone?

foulflames

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
One big reason I only use OEM charger and why Apple needs to make their own car charger.

Funny thing is, Apple sells the Belkin charger in the Apple store itself!! The sales guy said to go with Griffin chargers, as they had the least amount of problems, but I don't know.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That is why I try to stick with OEM products only when I can. I did purchase a Griffin Powerduo Reserve battery and charger. I am very happy with it. Griffin makes great and very dependable products IMO. I am very pleased that Apple replaced your phone. They should pull the Belkin products until a solution is found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods