Upgrading to IOS7

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont see a post similar to this question.

I want to upgrade to IOS7. MY current 4S is jailbroken. I dont really use the Jailbreak so I dont mind waiting for an IOS7 jailbreak to come out. (Even if it is months away). My question is Should I do the upgrade via ITunes? Will it cause a problem if it is done OTA?

Sorry if this is a silly question but rather be safe than sorry.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just for clarifying: update to 7 and then restore as new OR restore iPhone (to remove jb), then update to 7 and proceed...

My anxious mind is spinning, just want to make sure I take the right steps! Thanks kch!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just for clarifying: update to 7 and then restore as new OR restore iPhone (to remove jb), then update to 7 and proceed...

My anxious mind is spinning, just want to make sure I take the right steps! Thanks kch!

Restore to iOS 7 then when iTunes gives you the choice of "restore from a backup" or "setup as new" select setup as new. Then you can sync all your content back using iTunes

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Restore to iOS 7 then when iTunes gives you the choice of "restore from a backup" or "setup as new" select setup as new. Then you can sync all your content back using iTunes

Thank you!!!!!!

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Via ITunes.do I select Update or Restore Iphone to upgrade to IOS7? I'm currently JB and running 6.1.2.

Last edited:

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
When I select Restore, will this restore my phone back to the original out the box condition 6.1.2 or the current IOS 7?

My bad.. I know the answer. It will restore to factory settings then load IOS 7. Once that is complete, I will select restore backup right?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I select Restore, will this restore my phone back to the original out the box condition 6.1.2 or the current IOS 7?

My bad.. I know the answer. It will restore to factory settings then load IOS 7. Once that is complete, I will select restore backup right?

Yup

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen