Upgrading to 2.2 on PC

mattplex

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I have read most of the tips and tools in the forum and cannot find anything to upgrade my 2.1 haxrd iPhone.
Ive just found things to jailbreak a 2.1.

Am I missing something or do I use the 2.1 PC quickpwn?

(My first time doing this, friend did it the first time)

Thanks in advance.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Well, I recommend that you upgrade to 2.2 through iTunes first, then jailbreak the 2.2 version using QuickPwn 2.2

As of upgrading in iTunes to 2.2, connect your iPhone to the PC, launch iTunes, hit the Upgrade button.

Good luck

EDIT: I re-read your post. You want to jailbreak, right? or did I misunderstand?

mattplex

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I am currently Jailbroken at 2.1.
So I should upgrade through iTunes to 2.2, then use Quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak it again?

2 things.
1) Is there a quickpwn 2.2 for PC?
2) Would I have to redownload everything I have already downloaded for my phone currently?

Thanks.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you have to upgrade to 2.2 in iTunes and then re-jailbreak.

Yes, there is QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows. Link (btw, make sure you have the latest version of .net framework or QuickPwn will not run)

Regarding the redownlading of everything, that's what I did as I wanted to start clean. But, I am not 100% sure if there is a way to back it up and restore the backup after you done jailbreaking. Can someone with more experience with backups confirm this please?

kdarraz

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a desimlocked Iphone 3G with 2.1 installed. I wanted to know if it will be locked again when I upgrade to 2.2 via Itunes?
Should I jailbreak? (I know tough question this one )

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods