Upgraded Phone

I

iMore Question

I had an iPhone 4s and upgraded to a 6 plus. I want to sell my 4s. The problem is that when both phones are on, they both receive texts and calls. I'm nervous that if I reset the 4s to factory settings, that it will do the same to my 6plus and I will lose all my info. What should I do?

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s and upgraded to a 6 plus. I want to sell my 4s. The problem is that when both phones are on, they both receive texts and calls. I'm nervous that if I reset the 4s to factory settings, that it will do the same to my 6plus and I will lose all my info. What should I do?

Do the reset on your 4s, that will put it back to new for the person you want to sell it to.

zmey

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, factory reset won't affect another phone. It just resets the device to initial state. Make sure that all the data was backed up and successfully transferred to another phone before the reset.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to do it, it won't affect your new 6plus. Also remember to turn off find my phone in Settings --> iCloud --> find my iPhone as it is a necessary step in order for the phone to reset.

Good luck, and enjoy your new device. Quite the upgrade! :)

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to do it, it won't affect your new 6plus. Also remember to turn on find my phone in Settings --> iCloud --> find my iPhone as it is a necessary step in order for the phone to reset.

Good luck, and enjoy your new device. Quite the upgrade! :)

Turn OFF Find My iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal