Upgrade iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 6.1.2?

thecyto

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I understand that Apple no longer signs for 6.1.2, but I read somewhere that there is a way to get around that (possibly) with the iPhone 4? Was wondering if there was any getting it to upgrade from 5.0.1 to 6.1.2... I really need to update (and I am considering doing a tethered update) as my apps crash A LOT because of compatibility issues with new software with old OS...

Thanks for any help.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Especially for IP4 you don't have much of a choice. When you tether to iTunes you are going to get what is available that comes up and will have to upgrade to the OS.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Especially for IP4 you don't have much of a choice. When you tether to iTunes you are going to get what is available that comes up and will have to upgrade to the OS.

Jag, you don't jailbreak much, do you? The phones with the MOST capability to change iOS versions are the 3GS and the 4. "Especially for IP4" means you shouldn't be giving advice.

That said, the most capability isn't a full capability. In order for us to help you thecyto, we'd need more information from you.

You'll need something known as SHSH blobs in order to change which iOS you're on. Are you currently jailbroken? If so, there's a good chance you have the SHSH blobs. If you've never been jailbroken, odds are you won't have them. These blobs are device specific.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Jag, you don't jailbreak much, do you? The phones with the MOST capability to change iOS versions are the 3GS and the 4. "Especially for IP4" means you shouldn't be giving advice.

That said, the most capability isn't a full capability. In order for us to help you thecyto, we'd need more information from you.

You'll need something known as SHSH blobs in order to change which iOS you're on. Are you currently jailbroken? If so, there's a good chance you have the SHSH blobs. If you've never been jailbroken, odds are you won't have them. These blobs are device specific.
He also needs to stitch the blobs to a restore IPSW. Cydia automatically fetches SHSH blobs, right?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
He also needs to stitch the blobs to a restore IPSW. Cydia automatically fetches SHSH blobs, right?
He'll also need to download the correct IPSW to stitch those blobs.

Your question doesn't have a definite answer. If you clicked "make my life easy" then Cydia was storing SHSH blobs for any current version of iOS when you opened Cydia. Ie, if you were on 4.2, but opened Cydia when 5.1.1 was the newest, they'd save the blobs for 5.1.1. If Cydia stored the blobs, then redsn0w will use Cydia's database to automatically fetch them for you, yes. But, it requires that you both told Cydia to make your life easy AND you logged in while that iOS was being signed.

Either way, it doesn't look like he's all that serious about using these forums to figure things out :p

Laters13

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i have iPhone 4s version 5.0.1 jail broken. I need to update my phone ideally, but i dont believe there to be a jail break for 6.1.3 on the 4s. Any advice on how to upgrade to an earlier version that can be jail broken?

Cheers

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i have iPhone 4s version 5.0.1 jail broken. I need to update my phone ideally, but i dont believe there to be a jail break for 6.1.3 on the 4s. Any advice on how to upgrade to an earlier version that can be jail broken?

Cheers

The only OS you could restore to would be 5.1.1, but only if you did not update OTA and saved your shsh.

Ahmad Mansour

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have iphone 3gs with jailbroken ios 5.0.1 and i need to restore it to ios 6.1.3 but it will be tethered
so, which ios 6.x.x can i restore at my device since i don't know anything about the SSH stuff and, if it is (SSH) is needed badly for my issue, how can i find it or do it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox