Upgrade gone wrong ..

ShesMixed

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Heey =) ...

I really hope one of you is willing to help me.
I just tried to upgrade this device because the software was to old to download anything ..
So i clicked the upgrade button in iTunes and since i did .. i can't do anything with this phone except making an emergency call.
When i put my simcard in it says i should put a simcard without simlock in the phone. And when i do .. Yup still nothing

I hope you can help me.

(Excuse my 'english')

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heey =) ...

I really hope one of you is willing to help me.
I just tried to upgrade this device because the software was to old to download anything ..
So i clicked the upgrade button in iTunes and since i did .. i can't do anything with this phone except making an emergency call.
When i put my simcard in it says i should put a simcard without simlock in the phone. And when i do .. Yup still nothing

I hope you can help me.

(Excuse my 'english')

What iOS version did you upgrade to? Did you upgrade with the SIM card in or with it out? Unless, it specifically say otherwise, I would reinsert the SIM, make sure it is unlocked, attach your 3G to your computer via USB and when iTunes detect it, I would select restore and try again. I would specifically opt to restore as new. I assume you have a recent backup, just in case. Also, you can try restoring your device from your most recent backup beforehand just to see if that'll help..

ShesMixed

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the respond I really appreciate it! My SIM card was inside the iPhone during the upgrade. I can't restore or do anything else because all of the sudden my Sim card isn't compatible with this iPhone anymore?! (it was unlocked before the upgrade). I don't have a backup either.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the respond I really appreciate it! My SIM card was inside the iPhone during the upgrade. I can't restore or do anything else because all of the sudden my Sim card isn't compatible with this iPhone anymore?! (it was unlocked before the upgrade). I don't have a backup either.

Sounds like u lost ur unlock when u restored ur phone. Unfortunately you'll need to use the correct sim to activate phone first, then jailbreak and unlock it so u can use ur sim in it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73