Upgrade from individual to family, what's the cost?

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
It I am on the individual plan and a few days into my billing cycle I decide to upgrade to the family plan will Apple charge me the difference between the two or will they charge me the entire $14.99 for the family plan and keep the money I just paid for the individual plan?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple prorates the monthly fees when users switch between iCloud plans so I can only imagine they would do the same here. So you would pay something in between the $9.99 and $14.99 usual monthly subscription fee. I'm just guessing though.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple prorates the monthly fees when users switch between iCloud plans so I can only imagine they would do the same here. So you would pay something in between the $9.99 and $14.99 usual monthly subscription fee. I'm just guessing though.

That's what I'm thinking too but I can't find it anywhere.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking too but I can't find it anywhere.

I looked around for you and couldn't really find an answer. Either way it will only vary within $5. They're not going to double charge you, if that's what you're worried about. Even if they did, you could easily resolve it by contacting Apple Support.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I looked around for you and couldn't really find an answer. Either way it will only vary within $5. They're not going to double charge you, if that's what you're worried about. Even if they did, you could easily resolve it by contacting Apple Support.

So I now have an answer. I upgraded. They charged me the difference and started my month over as of the day I upgraded. They charged me $8 and some change and my renewal date is now 11/29.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I now have an answer. I upgraded. They charged me the difference and started my month over as of the day I upgraded. They charged me $8 and some change and my renewal date is now 11/29.

Great information. Thank you for following up!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods