Upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.3.3

rdnelson99

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
This weekend I tried to upgrade my jailbroke iPhone 4 from 4.1.1 to 4.3.3. Never could get it to work. Since I have never had 4.3.3 I do not have the SHSH in Tinyumbrella. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Should be able to use the Cydia servers for your SHSH, though won't TinyUmbrella also use Cydia for the SHSH and not just ones it saved?

rdnelson99

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am very green at this but I had someone who is pretty strong on it try several times. He was kind of lost. From what he said, it appeared that it wasn't getting a "Signature" and there fore would not update.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
if u havent saved shsh for 4.3.3 there is no way u can go to that version. apple is signing 5.0.1 (maybe still 5.0) u can now only upgrade to 5.0.1 or downgrade back to 4.1 if u have the shsh for that!

ascallstar

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3.3

The prior reply is UNTRUE, you can upgrade and downgrade as you see fit, signed or not, there are a few tricks to get it done. If you have the latest version of redsn0w, you can create a version without a baseband, complete a restore of 4.3.3, then do a tethered boot, it will get you into the os, then you add wireless, go to jailbreakme.com, run the jailbreak, restart the phone with iFaith, and run the shsh blob dump, and then build a signed ipsw file, then you can restore whenever you feel like it.

I do this for our customers all the time, and we do not have any problems. I just did another about 5 minutes ago.

Sometimes you need to do a little more research and testing and fussing around to get it to work, you cannot always believe these people on here, a lot of the time these people know what they are talking about, and LOTS of times they DON'T!!!!!

I usually don't say anything, I just let others do and say. But sometimes I feel that I need to chime in and correct a BIG mistaken statement.

Good Luck. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro