Updated to 6.1.3

Nick Delape

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have an iPhone 4 and before I had it on ios 5.1.1 jailbroken working perfectly fine. I decided I wanted to update the ios to the new 6.1.3 and see what was going on with it. Well after I updated it there was almost no problems with it but I noticed that there was a ton of "other" in my memory on iTunes. It starts up just fine in normal mode and I have used redsnow to re-jailbreak it and it went through no problem,

BUT

now I can't figure out how to get it booted up with cydia. If I use "just boot" it starts to actually boot up with the little pineapple but then it just brings up the normal phone mode.
IDK wtf to do about it and i nee someone's help on how to go about fixing it so it's jailbroken again.

Nick Delape

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh I understand that and it's perfectly fine with it tethered, my problem is booting up with it not in normal mode. I can't access cydia store because it doesn't show up anywhere. it just boots up normally

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you get Cydia on home screen at all? From my knowledge 6.1.3 is in jailbreakable no matter what device.

I remember reading that it was jailbreakable on the older (4 and below) devices. It was a semi-hack job using files stitched from the 6.1.2 jailbreak, but it apparently works.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading that it was jailbreakable on the older (4 and below) devices. It was a semi-hack job using files stitched from the 6.1.2 jailbreak, but it apparently works.

You were supposed to use the 6.0 IPSW. But, when you do this, redsnow runs into issues looking for the plist for the 6.1.3 IPSW.

If you can successfully pull it off, you'll have a "semi-untethered" jailbreak. I'm not sure what the difference between semi-untethered and tethered is.

But, here's the basic steps to pull this off:
1) go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and find the appropriate 6.0 IPSW for your version of the iPhone 4.
2) download the most recent version of redsn0w from the dev-team blog.
3) Select the proper IPSW in the extra options of redsn0w.
4) Choose just boot and follow the on screen instructions.
5) You'll watch the phone reboot with the pineapple and all of that fun
6) Go back to the main page and choose to jailbreak, including the install Cydia option.

If you get it to work, option 6 will work flawlessly. If not, you'll get an error from redsn0w that will halt redsn0w in DFU mode. If you get to this point, go back to just boot and run that option. It pulled the phone I worked with out of DFU mode. If that doesn't work, your choices are to downgrade back to 5.1.1 or wait for tools to be updated for the 4 to get an actual jailbreak.

Typically, you should try these experiments in iOS versions while the jailbreak window is open. It's far less of a hassle to get to 6.0-6.1.2, jailbreak, and see if you like it. You had the option to go back then too. Waiting just complicated things.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, 6.1.3 is defiantly jailbreakable. As above, you trick redsn0w by using a 6.0 ipsw.

Semi-tethered means if you don't do a tethered boot you can still switch you phone on, but with no jailbreak capabilities. So basically your phone will look stock without a tethered boot. Tethered means your phone won't even switch on at all unless you do a tethered boot.

friend1986

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi even
I faced the same problem
What you need to do it
Go to red snow
Select manual file
And select the I os 6.01 patch
And if the boot one more time
After that cydia will appear
Download all essential packages