update to latest os?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When I updated my iphone 4 way back when I lost. all my pics. If I update my 6+ can I safelybassume I won't lose anything this time?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you update your iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 11, you shouldn't lose your pics. Be sure you have them backed up in iCloud or iTunes just in case. Or in Google Photos or Dropbox.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re simply “updating” it from your current iOS version to iOS 11 then you will not lose any of your data, pics, docs, music, videos, etc. If by updating you mean erase all contents and settings then update the iOS version then yes, you will lose EVERYTHING! With that in mind, when you go to Settings → General → Software Update, and see that there’s an update available, simply choose to update from that particular screen. That way, you can mess anything up or delete your information by choosing the wrong option.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Never assume. Stuff happens. Backup. One person's successful upgrade is another person's visit to hell. Continuity would be nice, but...

That said, the last iOS upgrade was the most substantial one in some time - actually changing file format of the operating ststem on your phone - so if your device and all of your stuff survived that, iOS 11 should be reasonably painless.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Never assume. Stuff happens. Backup. One person's successful upgrade is another person's visit to hell. Continuity would be nice, but...

That said, the last iOS upgrade was the most substantial one in some time - actually changing file format of the operating ststem on your phone - so if your device and all of your stuff survived that, iOS 11 should be reasonably painless.
I didn't do that one either so I guess it is 2 upgrades.

I have the 6 plus. I have done 1 update since it was new

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73