Update Still Won't Work :(

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Woo...glad I downloaded the ipsw file directly to my computer and loaded it manually. I did not have these issues. After backing up it took maybe 20-30 minutes.

Carsi68

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you edit your hosts file as has been discussed somewhere in this thread? There was a separate thread for 3194 error but the genius mods decided to merge it into this 35 page mess.
Finally i have ios 5, I did it with the pc en it works... My laptop is connect with a router i think that is why it not works... Thank you for everything:)))

Carsi68

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue all day yesterday. I swear I tried 100+ times. What ended up working for me is having the new OS installed on my comp then doing a restore and waiting the 2 hours to put all my apps contacts etc back on my phone. I advise doing a complete backup of your phone before trying this just in case anything happens :) be patient with it. Everyone was trying to get this OS yesterday so the apple servers were crazy overloaded

--MrFlowtastic --

Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800

Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!
Finally i have ios 5, I did it with the pc en it works... My laptop is connect with a router i think that is why it not works... Thank you for everything:)))

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Good. It more than likely has to do with the hosts file on the other machine, not the router. Did you ever jailbreak a device (any device) on that machine that wouldn't install iOS5?

jmasse8

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It wont update

I called apple and they did everything they could do. They said the only I could do is wait. I keep getting the 3194 error. :mad:

scruiD

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I called apple and they did everything they could do. They said the only I could do is wait. I keep getting the 3194 error. :mad:

Error 3194 does not belong to the timeout or too busy servers, it says that the call from Itunes to apple fails and this is most likely through a redirection to saurik server. Read my post on page 18, it describes how to fix. If not send me a PM,
Cheers

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
if ur host file is ok.. and u get 3002 error. u have two options
1. restore
2. move the ipsw that u download to "AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates" folder.

after option 2. if u still get an error. just eject ur device and connect again. it should work.

cheers!

aredub

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It worked

This worked for me

After hours of failing to get it to upgrade I took a chance at restoring my iPad using the following steps

1. Make sure you have downloaded the IOS 5 update file and know where it is, usually (Vista /7):

C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates

2. I ran a full back-up (not a sync) of my 4.3.5 OS iPad
3. Shift/Restore and navigated to the update file and let it restore. This will give you a factory clean IOS 5 iPad.
4. I ran the backup file mentioned in 2 above
5. Followed the IOS 5 setup procedure
6. Let it resync with iTunes. This takes some time depending on the amount of apps/music/photos/books, etc you have as it needs to resync everything back to the iPad (it DOES maintain your current folder structure on the Springboard)
7. I now have an IOS 5 iPad beautifully restored to my previous settings without having to reinstall my apps..:):):D:D;);):cool::cool:

Finally, success! Here's what I did:
1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/220582-update-still-wont-work-18.html#post1778289
On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.

edessad

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally, success! Here's what I did:
1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/220582-update-still-wont-work-18.html#post1778289
On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.

Glad it worked for you.. I too had a few very minor issues that needed fixing similar to your yours but nothing that caused me any great problems.

ddymond

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas on this error???

I have tried to re-install itunes after deleting and now i have nothing relating to itunes
this is the error message i get in a pop up box when trying to re-install itunes
error writing to file:
c:\windows\winsxs\maifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3_b_8.0.50727.6195_x-ww_44262b86.cat.
verify that you have access to that directory

when i look for that file under c:\windows\winsxs\manifest\ .... that file is not listed

even trying to install itunes "manually" under the download only tab and I still get the same error every time
and i have to cancel the install
HELP !!!!!! PLEASE

THANKS

wireless_peon

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
so my issue is the dang applemobiledeviceservice.exe is spiking out my CPU while trying to do a backup. I've let it run for up to 16 hours and there wasnt any backup created. I've tired uninstalling iTunes, removing all files i could finder under programfiles/applicationdata and still after reinstall same behaviour. I am running xpSP3 and itunes 10.5.0.142. I've googled the heck out of it and there are various threads on apples site and all of them basically say the same thing, do a good uninstall and it will fix your problems. well no dice here and im not gonna do an upgrade to 5.0 without a good/recent backup. ugh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh