Update Still Won't Work :(

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i'm having the same issue. someone in another thread mentioned it coud be the servers. someone also mentioned that he rebooted the computer and it worked. i've also been told do just keep trying and once it gets to "restoring apps" you're good.

who knows lol

Last edited:

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the iPhone iOS 5 to install. But I'm getting Error 3194 on a 4th Gen iPod.

"The iPod "xxxxxx" could not be restored . An unknown error occurred (3194).

Is this the same as Error 3200 on the iPhone?

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Me too....

On my 6th attempt now after rebooting my system and soft resetting my Iphone 4

Searching online and so fa not found a single definitive answer. Anyone out there found a solution yet?

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found anything either. I'm just going to assume that it's a server issue what with so many people updating at the same time. Seems like a lot of people are having the restore issue.

I did a soft reset, third try :confused:

OC Pcar

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
not sure how this could be a server issue, i downloaded the software first then did the upgrade so everything is local and I get the same issue...

sadlybrokeboy

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I did some googling and that error message (3200) has been mentioned many times when Apple's servers have been creaking at the seams - wouldn't be surprised if it's the same today....

Just be patient - it'll pick up eventually! :)

Matt

jacfed

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
not sure how this could be a server issue, i downloaded the software first then did the upgrade so everything is local and I get the same issue...

That's what I was thinking too.

But I think mine is working now. Maybe you just have to get lucky. I got the error several times but it seems to be working now.

JoPagocks

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Apple... they are experiencing extremely heavy traffic on their servers while everyone upgrades to iOS 5. The guy at Apple said error 3200 is up because of this and he said try to install it again in a few hours

So start again from the beginning? From iTunes then update

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Apple... they are experiencing extremely heavy traffic on their servers while everyone upgrades to iOS 5. The guy at Apple said error 3200 is up because of this and he said try to install it again in a few hours
Thanks for the update Matey! I'm happy at least knowing it's not a problem that won't resolve itself with patience :)