Finally i have ios 5, I did it with the pc en it works... My laptop is connect with a router i think that is why it not works... Thank you for everything))Did you edit your hosts file as has been discussed somewhere in this thread? There was a separate thread for 3194 error but the genius mods decided to merge it into this 35 page mess.
Finally i have ios 5, I did it with the pc en it works... My laptop is connect with a router i think that is why it not works... Thank you for everything))I had the same issue all day yesterday. I swear I tried 100+ times. What ended up working for me is having the new OS installed on my comp then doing a restore and waiting the 2 hours to put all my apps contacts etc back on my phone. I advise doing a complete backup of your phone before trying this just in case anything happens be patient with it. Everyone was trying to get this OS yesterday so the apple servers were crazy overloaded
Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800
Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!
Finally i have ios 5, I did it with the pc en it works... My laptop is connect with a router i think that is why it not works... Thank you for everything))
Yes, My iphone 4Good. It more than likely has to do with the hosts file on the other machine, not the router. Did you ever jailbreak a device (any device) on that machine that wouldn't install iOS5?
I called apple and they did everything they could do. They said the only I could do is wait. I keep getting the 3194 error.
This worked for me
After hours of failing to get it to upgrade I took a chance at restoring my iPad using the following steps
1. Make sure you have downloaded the IOS 5 update file and know where it is, usually (Vista /7):
C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
2. I ran a full back-up (not a sync) of my 4.3.5 OS iPad
3. Shift/Restore and navigated to the update file and let it restore. This will give you a factory clean IOS 5 iPad.
4. I ran the backup file mentioned in 2 above
5. Followed the IOS 5 setup procedure
6. Let it resync with iTunes. This takes some time depending on the amount of apps/music/photos/books, etc you have as it needs to resync everything back to the iPad (it DOES maintain your current folder structure on the Springboard)
7. I now have an IOS 5 iPad beautifully restored to my previous settings without having to reinstall my apps..
Finally, success! Here's what I did:
1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/220582-update-still-wont-work-18.html#post1778289
On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.
The server is overloaded from all the people updating to iOS 5. Just keep trying and it will eventually work.I kepp getting errpr 3200 "my iPhone" could not be retored. Any idea guys?