Unpaired Iphone from iwatch through iphone as i don't have access to the watch

I

iMore Question

I do not have the iwatch that my phone was paired with as a i gave it to someone without thinking of unpairing it or returning it to factor settings. I then went on to the apple watch app on my phone and unpaired it from there and now when i go onto the watch app it says "start pairing" but i am a bit paranoid that it hasn't worked properly as the iwatch is at least 20 miles away from the phone. The fact that the iwatch is 20 miles away from the phone makes me think that the watch wouldn't work anyway as it is out of range? I was just wondering if the unpairing would have been successful and if the iwatch would have been cleared of my personal information such as imessages since i have unpaired it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not have the iwatch that my phone was paired with as a i gave it to someone without thinking of unpairing it or returning it to factor settings. I then went on to the apple watch app on my phone and unpaired it from there and now when i go onto the watch app it says "start pairing" but i am a bit paranoid that it hasn't worked properly as the iwatch is at least 20 miles away from the phone. The fact that the iwatch is 20 miles away from the phone makes me think that the watch wouldn't work anyway as it is out of range? I was just wondering if the unpairing would have been successful and if the iwatch would have been cleared of my personal information such as imessages since i have unpaired it?

I’m confused or this is one of the numerous deliberate anonymous spam posts we deal with daily. You specifically mentioned both “iwatch” and “apple watch”.

You gave the “iwatch” away then you unpaired it via the “apple watch” app. On my iPhone, I simply have a “Watch” app that is used to configure my Watch.

Anyway, if you unpaired the iwatch via the “apple watch” then the device should reset to its native state. The new owner will have to pair his or her iPhone with the “iwatch”, but if you have not disabled the iCloud Activation Lock, that owner will not be able to use it.

Now that the iwatch is no longer in your possession (I assume), simply going to the Apple Watch app will indeed cause it to want to pair with an Watch being that it currently isn’t. Without an Watch, the Watch app is basically useless.

Whenever you get a new Watch, see the Watch app to begin the pairing process.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

First of all, it’s Apple Watch. You paid something like 300/400 dollars for it, so it’s not much to ask from you to know what you paid for or how to write it’s name correctly.
Thank you.

And when it comes to your question, if the person that has your Apple Watch has successfully paired it to his own iPhone, he can’t access any of your information on it. If you had a passcode on the Apple Watch, he can’t access your information on it.
If he is unable to pair the watch to his phone, he’ll contact you anyway and you can restore the watch to factory settings.

oadavidson

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
If i have unpaired it and it is saying on the apple iwatch app that there is no devices paired, does that mean that the person won't be recieving any of my imessages since it is out of range?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I recommend you to open the Find iPhone app and put the Apple Watch in Lost Mode.
Then contact the person who has it and ask to meet up so you can make sure the watch is unpaired correctly.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When i go into the find iphone app, it only comes up with my iphone. there is no apple iwatch there

That’s normal. Apple iWatch doesn’t exist.
It’s Apple Watch. There is no i in Apple Watch.

If your watch isn’t shown in Find iPhone then the watch isn’t associated with your account anymore. This means the person has successfully paired it to his own iPhone and does not have access to any of your information on the Apple Watch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So it doesn't matter about the fact that the watch wasn't in range when i unpaired it then?

Apparently not.
According to what you told me, the Apple Watch doesn’t appear on Find iPhone and the person still hasn’t contacted you because he couldn’t pair it to his own iPhone.

It’s safe to assume the watch is successfully unpaired from your iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox