unlocked on tmobile gets wifi but no edge (gen 1)

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I unlocked and jailbroke my iphone this weekend. I am having no problems receiveing and sending texts and calls. My wifi network is allowing fast and immediate access. But when I attempt to sign onto the internet without wifi, I get a "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscrived to a cellular data service". Problem being, I just got off the phone with t-mobile and my account is up and running with an unlimited data plan for internet, sms and mms. Any ideas?

thanks,
jim

p.s. Is there a way on t-mobile to use mms on the iphone without sending pics via email?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You never set up the APN under network settings... Do a quick search for APN tmobile settings and you will find what you are looking for.

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
sorry?

I am not exactly uber-tech savvy. So, can I change this APN without having to go back and unlock my phone again. And if I find multiple numbers, how do I know which one I need for my generation 1 iphone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes, go into settings/general/network - try wap.voicestream.com as the user name and leave the password blank.

meadow

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Getting Edge on unlocked Tmobile Iphone

There is a number that you need to put in which T-mobile will give you. Make sure they transfer you to their data services, and tell them you have an unlocked iphone. Hope that works!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switch TV ON