Unlock Verizon iPhone 4s?

quakeroatmeal

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I have had every iPhone iteration since 2007, and I currently have a white 64gb Verizon iPhone 4s.

I was wondering now that the iPhone 4s has dual band antennas does that mean I can have my VZW iPhone unlocked and running back on ATT?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand people who buy unlocked Verizon or sprint phones. You can't go from sprint to Verizon, nor vice versa. They won't add the IMEI to their system. If you go overseas, you are going to use GSM in 90% of cases and even then, Verizon/Sprint will unlock the SIM for that particular trip to use GSM.

Maybe you can flash it to cricket or some small carrier, but there's a good risk you'll brick it.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Because If I already have one that can be unlocked, why not save the 399 and avoid buying a new one?

Okay thanks!

That's why you sell it on eBay no reserve and it'll sell for a small fortune and you'll recoup almost all your money back and then you just go buy a new unlocked one from AT&T

jamesrshaffer

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an apple rep. and he said that if Verizon will unlock the phone for you, you can use it on sprint.. But he said that very rarely happens though!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an apple rep. and he said that if Verizon will unlock the phone for you, you can use it on sprint.. But he said that very rarely happens though!

It may be technologically feasible, in reality, the "rarely happens" is vastly understated.

msimanyi

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope it doesn't violate TOS to post a link. You're NOT gonna like this. I know I don't, but it's too late for me to figure out if the Apple store sells Verizon phones that aren't limited solely to Verizon's service. I'm beyond the 15 day test period.

Hmm... apparently new users can't post links. Anyone interested will have to type in the http and www components: forbes.com/sites/marcwebertobias/2011/12/22/how-u-s-carriers-fool-you-into-thinking-your-iphone-4s-is-unlocked/

Mike

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
On Apple's website, the only unlocked phones they sell are on AT&T/GSM based phones. The issue with Sprint and Verizon phones are well known.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro