Unable to update to ios 6

Stychill

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
4th generation ipod touch that has been jailbroken won't upgrade to ios 6 neither using itunes on the desktop or over the air from the device, it's stuck on os 5.1.1. i've tried a few methods i've seen online but none have worked. can someone please help me removing the jailbreak is an option if indeed there is a way. I'll be looking forward to any help i can get

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You will most likely have to put your iPod into DFU mode before connecting to iTunes. You will lose the jailbreak - you can't update without losing it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately, i have done that as well. Still no ios 6

Not to be condescending, but what is dfu mode to you? What does your screen look like when you are in dfu mode?

Also are you in latest iTunes?
Can you connect to the store in iTunes?

Have you ever had tiny umbrella? Or
Modified your hosts file on that computer?

Do you have another access to another computer that has never had any jailbreak software on it? Can you try that one to update it?

Stychill

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
lol, when in dfu mode the ipod screen is black with nothing on it, i can connect to the itunes store i have tried to update using the previos version of itunes and now the current one, itunes 11. i have tried tiny umbrella and modified the host files and tried updating on another computer. all to no avail

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
no i meant you might have modified your hosts, and the other computer that you tried today have you ever had any type of jailbreak before??
itunes with unmodified hosts should with no problem ever, completely restore an iDevice in 5-10 minutes

Stychill

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not suƦǝ if tђat computer ever had jailbreak software on it, but I'll be trying again later with a macbook which I know has never jailbroken anything, hopefully I'll be able to upgrade then

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try deleting Tiny Umbrella and try again. I had that problem once, and as soon as TU was gone, it restored perfectly.

Stychill

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
well i didn't try deleting tiny umbrella, but i did try updating to ios 6 on the macbook, at first i was greeted with a error 6, but on trying again it worked and i'm currently on ios 6.0.1 Apple's support articles list error 6 as being related to third party security software, thanks to everyone who lent me assistance

haitran2001

Banned
Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Try to update iTunes to iTunes11 I encountered an error Aswell told me to update to iTunes 11 I did while I restore by turning It on recovery mode no need for dfu. And my iPod WAS jailbroken 4.3.1 now it's 6.0.1 haha. It's easy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR