Unable to Sync after installing iOS5

Philster9

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered, I searched a little bit. So I installed a beta of iTunes 10.5 and downloaded the GM of iOS 5 for my Verizon iPhone. I backed up my phone and was able to install iOS 5 using the direct file as a restore batch. The install went flawlessly (minus apps and music being wiped, contacts/email/sms/photos fine so no big deal).

The problem I am having is trying to sync music/any files back onto my iPhone. When connected and trying, I immediately am told that I am unable to sync the device as I do not have iTunes 10.5 or later....is this a problem for everyone or is there a newer/GM version of iTunes 10.5 I can get somewhere.

Also I am unable to restore my device via iTunes with the same message/error/problem, as I was just going to revert and wait till Wednesday.

Thank you!

Philster9

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately beta 1 I believe. I was unable to find a newer Windows 64bit install and the 32bit install wouldn't let me do it....even though it installs a 32 bit version/places it in the 32bit install folder(s) which is interesting. Any ideas?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately beta 1 I believe. I was unable to find a newer Windows 64bit install and the 32bit install wouldn't let me do it....even though it installs a 32 bit version/places it in the 32bit install folder(s) which is interesting. Any ideas?

If you're Windows, you need iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 or the GA version (which is not yet available).

I am wondering how you got the GM release installed without the latest iTunes 10.5 beta.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2