Unable to edit my profile/avatar/signature...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey folks, (mods?)

The title pretty much says it. I cannot edit my sig, profile, or much of anything really. It could very well be that I haven't posted in a long time but I have another iPhone 3G (JB'd 2.2.1 already; also need it unlocked please :D), and alongside my BlackBerry Bold, I am awaiting the new iPhone when comes out in July.

Can you please reactivate those functions? One more thing. Maybe it's because I changed my password, after trying multiple times to enter the right one, but just couldn't remember it. Please help! :)

Thanks!

CrunchDude

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I think it's because you only have 3 posts. The forums are set up so you have to have a certain number of posts before you can edit that kind of stuff as well as post links. I don't know the exact figure though.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think it's because you only have 3 posts. The forums are set up so you have to have a certain number of posts before you can edit that kind of stuff as well as post links. I don't know the exact figure though.

You would be correct. 10 posts. It's for your protection from spammers is all.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Gotya, folks. I got plenty on the sister sites CB, treo, WinMo Experts...And now I have four posts. lol...

Thanks to both of you. :)

Haggar

Nov 6, 2003
www.spandex.com
Unfortunately, I find myself drawn to post meaning posts like this one in order to get my post count up to 10. :) Your anti-spam methodology is encouraging me to spam. LOL.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
You would be correct. 10 posts. It's for your protection from spammers is all.

If you're plagued by incessant spammers you should try SpamGuard. It's an awesome program built by my company from the ground up with websites like this in mind. SpamGuard has auto-ban features, CAPCHA enabling, and auto-erotic asphyxiation filters.

SpamGuard. The only Forum spam protection you'll ever need. Remember, with SpamGuard you'll have to upgrade to the Magnum sized condoms. SpamGuard puts a smile on your face faster than...

Oops. What a giveaway. :eek:

______

No, I swear - I'm not really a spammer. I'm here in anticipation of the 3.0 launch later this week. I've been reading TiPb for ages, just noticed the forum link. Mr. Observant, I know.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well that explains it! I was like WTH (What the heck) why can't I edit my profile. First thought was let me post that question some where and get my post count going (because I suspected I knew the answer), but they I thought search, maybe the answer is already out there. Anyways guess I'm a little closer and I'll just have to contribute a bit more before I can show you all my cool avatar (YEA RIGHT) and sig. ;)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well that explains it! I was like WTH (What the heck) why can't I edit my profile. First thought was let me post that question some where and get my post count going (because I suspected I knew the answer), but they I thought search, maybe the answer is already out there. Anyways guess I'm a little closer and I'll just have to contribute a bit more before I can show you all my cool avatar (YEA RIGHT) and sig. ;)

Is you avatar as cool as mine?lol

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's only silly when YOU don't have to deal with bots and turks signing up account after account just to put spam links in the profile ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shortringtones