Ultra clear phone calls sometimes?

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Since my cousin picked up an iPhone 6 most times when we talk we have this ultra clear connection. We both are on verizon so maybe it's something to do with that? Is there some sort of official explanation on it? I seem to only notice it with her.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, but take comfort in knowing that you, like many of us, enjoy a clear connection during phone calls on our mobile devices....:)

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
It'll work with any Verizon device that is volte enabled and eventually there were reports a while back that att and Verizon r looking to make the HD voice from volte cross compatable.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have 6plus and the wife has a 6. Our calls are absolutely crystal clear. Same thing, we are on Verizon. What a perfect scenario, I get crystal clear calls with my wife. I better not mess up any of her "orders", she knows I can hear every detail of what she said over the phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unquestionably VoLTE...I was curious about this shortly after the release of the new models last year thinking that maybe we were getting voice over WiFi, but that was not the case (yet). VoLTE is awesome though...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It'll work with any Verizon device that is volte enabled and eventually there were reports a while back that att and Verizon r looking to make the HD voice from volte cross compatable.

You sure about that? It was extremely limited on which devices it worked on when it was first implemented, and I haven't found any source that shows they opened it wide to any device with the capability yet.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
You sure about that? It was extremely limited on which devices it worked on when it was first implemented, and I haven't found any source that shows they opened it wide to any device with the capability yet.

Yea I am sure about that my dad has a lg G3 and that was one of the first devices that got the volte hd calling features. It's not an iPhone feature its a feature on Verizon wireless network and it was available for 2 phones the lg G3 and Samsung Galaxy s5 before the iPhone 6 was even released.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Since my cousin picked up an iPhone 6 most times when we talk we have this ultra clear connection. We both are on verizon so maybe it's something to do with that? Is there some sort of official explanation on it? I seem to only notice it with her.

When I get these calls on my Android phone (Note 4 and Note Edge), it says they are HD calls. I haven't noticed an indicator on my 6+ that shows when these calls are taking place. I just want to stay on the phone all day and talk when this happens though. I am on T-Mobile.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
When I get these calls on my Android phone (Note 4 and Note Edge), it says they are HD calls. I haven't noticed an indicator on my 6+ that shows when these calls are taking place. I just want to stay on the phone all day and talk when this happens though. I am on T-Mobile.

That's most likely Wi-Fi calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Nah...WiFi calling actually has the phone icon with the WiFi bars above it, and you would be prompted AFTER the call (the first time) that you just made a voice over wifi call. This is all taken directly from Tmobiles website.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Here is what my 6+ and Note 4 show when WiFi is enabled for WiFi calls. I have T-Mobile on both phones.

FullSizeRender.jpgScrapbook_1425959642860.png

Also, here is what HD calls show as on my Note 4. Notice WiFi is off. (I love that S Pen for creating screen caps!)

Image_1425960140956.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4