Ugh i've messed it up totally

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi again...I seriously don't know if it's me or if its the phone itself messing up or what it is...but since I've deleted my duplicate contacts I've lost all the birthdays in my calendar. The birthday event is still there and checked but nothing is showing. And I use a generated code that goes to my phone when I sign into my FB on my laptop and that's not even working anymore and when I'm looking at my fb page on the laptop its waiting for my to type in my passcode but its just not going to my phone. So I really have no idea what has happened to my phone. I don't know if I've messed up playing with settings but I've gone thru them all and changed them on and off so many different times nothing is working for me. Is there someone that's familiar with FB and the iPhone that can help? Or my other thought was because I backed up my phone a few days ago...(I backed it up and also encrypted back up) should I just do a restore and start over...I don't know what a restore actually does so what will happen...will I lose everything all my apps contacts appt in calendar etc...and if I backed it all up will that be put back on my phone including my apts etc...Thanks very much for any help anyone can offer :confused:

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you backed up your phone then you should get all your info back when you restore, settings, apps, contacts, pics but not your music. Try deleting the Facebook app and re-installing before doing a full restore

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I did that already...I uninstalled facebook and even rebooted my phone. What I don't like is that in my settings is all the same info of facebook so all I had to do was hit reinstall so basically whatever problems I was having before I'm still having now...with the system restore will I get my appointments back on my calendar also?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm in the process of doing my restore and everything was going smooth and it asks me for my password and I type my apple id pw in and its telling me its wrong...now what do I do...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I'm in the process of doing my restore and everything was going smooth and it asks me for my password and I type my apple id pw in and its telling me its wrong...now what do I do...

DoeZ First of all ...take a deep breath ok and relax. I do think you are making much more of this than you need to. As far as Facebook like Twitter they are both integrated into the phone OS. You delete the app or you leave the app and delete the account info leaving the app itself.

As far as doing the restore and being asked a pw it indeed should be your Apple ID which is what you sign into iTunes with. It sounds like you are all over ther map and I don't mean that in a bad way but you are in a way leaving some things out in what you are trying to really do and so things are not making sense.

You may benefit actually even though we are doing our best to make your life easier here to call Apple support and go through this process with them in what you are trying to actually do. At least this will get you back on track and they can help you with some tips on how to stay there.

If I knew from the beginning or anyone else here for that matter we might be able to lend more advice so why not try Apple and let us know what happened. Just my thoughts and observation.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Most new apple ID passwords require the first letter to be a capital letter. Make sure it's inputted correctly. My sister was having that issue when not using the capital letter. I could be wrong but just a thought

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh