Uber will show ads in its apps while you wait for cars and food

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I hate this idea. I'm really growing weary of ordering food through Uber Eats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc. When you compare prices via the delivery service apps, prices are always higher than on the actual restaurant app. Then there are service fees and the delivery fee. Using these services during the pandemic was great... but I've been picking up orders directly.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate this idea. I'm really growing weary of ordering food through Uber Eats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc. When you compare prices via the delivery service apps, prices are always higher than on the actual restaurant app. Then there are service fees and the delivery fee. Using these services during the pandemic was great... but I've been picking up orders directly.

I’ve not used any of those services in quite some time. The fees have become ridiculous.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

A couple years ago my wife ordered a Whopper with cheese, fries, and drink with Grubsouth. The delivery came to around $20. There's times when it's handy, but not often.

Reactions: Annie_M

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t use Uber ( way too expensive) and would not be at all amused to watch ads while waiting for a tardy cab ! I don’t get it anyway, who would call a cab and then stay on the cab app ? I call a cab, go back to whatever I was doing and the cab calls me when it gets to me ! what’s wrong with that ?

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77