U.S.' biggest carmaker is ditching Apple CarPlay

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In summary:

General Motors, the biggest car manufacturer in the United States, is set to phase out Apple CarPlay from its ELECTRIC CARS, starting with the 2024 Chevrolet Blazer.

According to Reuters, the automaker is looking to phase out Apple CarPlay and Android Auto technologies in favor of "built-in infotainment systems developed with Google."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On my BMW, I can use either Wireless CarPlay or the built-in infotainment system. All of my Music playlists are visible and accessible via the infotainment system when I’m not using CarPlay.

Last edited:
Reactions: scruffypig

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The quest to record more individual data is never ending. And this change is about data. Their turning to Google is smart at least from efficient data collection.

Unfortunately for GM, the initial headline (which is frequently clickbait than truth) did not mention it was limited to electric cars. So my reaction was probably not unique: if true I won’t be buying a GM, period. But even though it is EVs only, hard to imagine they’ll not switch all models to this new infotainment system eventually.
I just will not buy a car without CarPlay, period. It is that important to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro