Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
[h=1]Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more[/h]
I started personally using this app the day Rene and Allyson reviewed it on the blog side when it first came out and that was before it had push notifications. Now that 5 has been out for some time with Push notifications and these new features, it just makes a 3rd party Twitter app even better yet and i hope you all try it because it is so worth it... I didn't even get paid to say that...:)

Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more | iMore.com

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I did buy it but have been using TweetBot as my main Twitter Client. I like the UI of Twitteriffic 5 more than TweetBot but there were just some things in TweetBot that I like more like the drag to right to view conversations and the toolbar at the bottom.

Have you used TweetBot Jag and which one do you prefer?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did buy it but have been using TweetBot as my main Twitter Client. I like the UI of Twitteriffic 5 more than TweetBot but there were just some things in TweetBot that I like more like the drag to right to view conversations and the toolbar at the bottom.

I wish i could say YES that I have uses Tweetbot but No I have not so i cannot answer your question although I know many that swear by it.

Once I got use to all of the improvements in Twitterriffic including the push notifications now I just never looked back. having just installing this new version I really like the new features and it is cheap enough to give it a shot and i think asking you to do that i will do the same with Tweetbot.

I have freinds that collect every Twitter client there is including of course the native but i stick with one and don't even have the native Twitter client set up. Thank you for asking.:biggrin:

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I have and am currently using Tweetbot, which I like very much but sometimes feel that it has become somewhat stale and a bit too busy. I love Twitteriffic 5's UI but wish for a few more features, such as streaming and showing what app people tweeted on (I know, minor but I like to know what apps people are using). You mentioned swiping right to view conversations on Tweetbot but you can view them on Twitteriffic by swiping left. I've gone back and forth and will probably give Twitteriffic another shot. I have a feeling that Tweetbot will probably be completely overhauled once iOS 7 is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have and am currently using Tweetbot, which I like very much but sometimes feel that it has become somewhat stale and a bit too busy. I love Twitteriffic 5's UI but wish for a few more features, such as streaming and showing what app people tweeted on (I know, minor but I like to know what apps people are using). You mentioned swiping right to view conversations on Tweetbot but you can view them on Twitteriffic by swiping left. I've gone back and forth and will probably give Twitteriffic another shot. I have a feeling that Tweetbot will probably be completely overhauled once iOS 7 is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
You can more than count on every app being overhauled as we speak with iOS 7 coming out. That is why the Developers were given the betas and as tweeks are made to iOS 7 Developers make overhauls to their current apps and coming up with new apps so when the new OS goes public, What we are now using will be ready and new and exciting apps will come out right behind them. I can't wait.

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how does this compare with the general official Twitter app that is baked into the iPhone? I've been using that one (the official one) and its ok-ish. It does the job fine and yet, it kind of feels that it can be better/more efficient...

Cheers,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how does this compare with the general official Twitter app that is baked into the iPhone? I've been using that one (the official one) and its ok-ish. It does the job fine and yet, it kind of feels that it can be better/more efficient...

Cheers,

Wait a minute now. The one that's "baked in" to iOS is not a full-fledged Twitter app. You still have to install either the official Twitter app or a 3rd party Twitter app for full Twitter access.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Still lacking the most important feature for a power user. Streaming.

And blocking features. I disable RT's on a lot of folks I follow. I also have lots of word or user specific blocks set up. Twitterific lacks this feature, too.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Wait a minute now. The one that's "baked in" to iOS is not a full-fledged Twitter app. You still have to install either the official Twitter app or a 3rd party Twitter app for full Twitter access.

Apologies, I didn't mean that! :p But yes, i am using the official app...

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
And blocking features. I disable RT's on a lot of folks I follow. I also have lots of word or user specific blocks set up. Twitterific lacks this feature, too.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

This is not entirely true. Twitterific allows for "muffling" a user (their term for blocking) which instead of not showing any tweets shows a one line unobtrusive "preview" placeholder in your timeline, just in case you might want to take a look. The same applies for hashtags. I actually like this feature and do take a peek occasionally. I'm not sure if it applies to words as well since I've never tried it. And you can block retweets from specific users as well. Streaming is the only feature I'm still waiting for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR