Twitter for iPhone problems

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have a lot of problems with twitter for iPhone app?

Having a problem that everytime I open the app it says I have unread mentions which I dont because I've read all of them before.

It will also not remember my place in the timeline when I exit the app and then go back into it..

Also will not auto complete all the users that I follow. It will do some but it won't find all of them for some reason.
Anyone else have these problems?

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I use echofon too sometimes but really like stability of twitter for iPhone. At least I did before.... Also tweetbot never remembers my place in timeline.

brokenartist

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had issues with Twitter where it shuts down on me unexpectedly. I know when you first sign it it takes all of your DMs and mentions and adds them like they were new. A lot of times you just have to go through them especially the DMs. If it continues to give problems check and see if there is anything in the ratings about this issue and if not delete and redownload.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Twitter! Really like the simplistic layout and for me it has functioned beautifully! I used to use HootSuite but prefer the performance & layout of Twitter for iPhone! Just my preference!

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Having a problem that everytime I open the app it says I have unread mentions which I dont because I've read all of them before.

That happened to me a number of times as well which was frustrating. It would eventually clear itself, but I never figured out how/why it behaved as it did.

It will also not remember my place in the timeline when I exit the app and then go back into it..

All the time.

Also will not auto complete all the users that I follow. It will do some but it won't find all of them for some reason.
Anyone else have these problems?

This may be a cache thing (speculation on my part), where Twitter for iPhone caches only the names you've recently interacted with (especially relevant if you follow boatloads of people).

I use TweetBot. It's never lost my place in a timeline, but it does cache usernames (and hashtags) so it will not always list all my followers/followees. The only thing I'm missing in TweetBot is landscape (which, according to their development road map, is being worked on for ver. 1.1).

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! Now i know im not the only one..... i like tweetbot EXCEPT the fact that for me it loads to the newest tweet whenever i open the app.... Where as other twitter apps will put you where you left off and let you scroll up to the newest tweet...
you have that problem?

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!!! Now i know im not the only one..... i like tweetbot EXCEPT the fact that for me it loads to the newest tweet whenever i open the app.... Where as other twitter apps will put you where you left off and let you scroll up to the newest tweet...
you have that problem?

Can't say as I've had that problem. If I leave off in the middle of the timeline and come back to it, yes it will load new tweets, but it leaves me where I left off....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37