- Sep 10, 2009
[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327061551&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Get it on iTunes[/URL]
Twitdar is a location-integrated Twitter client for the iPhone that allows you to share your precise GPS location as well as your status with all of your Twitter followers all without having to sign-up for any additional services. Additionally, Twitdar will only transmit your location when you want it to and not continuously so you can always maintain your privacy. You have many customizable options to choose from including:
* A timer that will countdown for a specified number of minutes before sending out a tweet.
* Ability to customize preset messages for quick status updates.
* Choose from either time or distance intervals between automatic updates.
o Twitdar will automatically send a tweet with your new location if you've moved X number of meters or X number of minutes have elapsed.
* Option of sending latitude/longitude coordinates, a Google map link to your location, or a link to the route you've taken.
The potential uses for Twitdar are limited only by your imagination, but here are just a few of what we could think of:
* For runners/bike-riders/hikers: see how far you've gone in X number of minutes, how long it took you to travel X number of meters or let people see your route and current location during a long race, ride or hike.
* For parents: kids can let you know they've truly arrived safely at their destination (or secretly track them by hiding the iPhone in their car).
* In an emergency: let your friends know where you are immediately so they can send help.
* For the bar-crawl: tell people which bar you are at complete with mapped location or set the timer so your designated driver knows where to pick you at closing time.
* For vacation: ensure jealousy by sharing beautiful locales with your friends.
* During a disaster: share real-time eyewitness reports, evacuation, shelter, or other disaster information along with your own location.
* If you get arrested: instead of just one phone call, quickly let all your followers know what happened and where you are (and how to get you out).
* For your favorite places: share the location of your favorite places and activities.
** This app is designed only for the GPS-enabled iPhones 3G/3GS **