Twelvesouth Book Book for iPhone 6

jjcas15

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone own a BookBook wallet case made by TwelveSouth for their iPhone 6/6plus? I've been wanting to try them out but want some opinions before I shell out $60 on this case. It looks great and I am tired of carrying both phone and a wallet. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421095120.872314.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone own a BookBook wallet case made by TwelveSouth for their iPhone 6/6plus? I've been wanting to try them out but want some opinions before I shell out $60 on this case. It looks great and I am tired of carrying both phone and a wallet. View attachment 75356

Haha sweet I was just looking at this earlier. I did purchase one for my 5S but I returned it pretty quick cause I didn't like how it made it kind of difficult to use one handed and then there was the issue of the case being stiff when folding which I know will soften over time as the case breaks in. But I also really love my phone naked but this new bookbook for the 6 looks way better than the 5S one.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sweet. I'm probably going to take the plunge again. Even though I'm a big naked proponent LOL.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Alright just ordered mine! Hopefully I can give it longer than 3 hours hahaha. This case is actually much better than the version for the 5 so I'm excited.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I get folio cases and I personally like them. I never could wrap my head around the notion of making your new Hi-Tech device look like an old book though ...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like to get one if it works well. I am very interested in anyone's review of this wallet case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jjcas15

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine came in earlier today. Was so happy to see the Fed Ex truck pull up in front of my house. lol.
Ordered the black one and right away was thrilled with it. The packaging is awesome and one of the first things I got was that great leather smell. Beautiful! It looks great in pictures and in videos but they don't do this case justice. It honestly is gorgeous. Can you tell I love it?! No more carrying around a wallet and a phone.
This is a high quality product. Looks and feels amazing.
Only thing I have a problem with is that the slots for cards are a little too tight. So you have to mess with the cards to get them out. But I'm sure that will loosen up over time. And obviously with leather, you will get scratches, but with time it will give it character and age beautifully.
I'm really happy with this product. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421546619.070210.jpg

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Does the separate case for the phone come out easily and does it have some non-slippery texture to it? Also, would you say the size of book case doubles or triples the thickness of the phone?

jjcas15

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Does the separate case for the phone come out easily and does it have some non-slippery texture to it? Also, would you say the size of book case doubles or triples the thickness of the phone?

It takes some practice to get the case out of the Book, and it has no texture to the back of it.

It really bulks out the iPhone. Easily doubles the thickness of the phone. It doesn't close all the way down because its so stiff since its brand new. Once it's broken in, with time, it should close better.
I have my ID and three bank/credit cards in the slots. I was sketchy about the phone screen getting scuffed or scratched from the cards but the leather protects it from the cards ever touching the screen.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421560518.016752.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421560534.940213.jpg

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It takes some practice to get the case out of the Book, and it has no texture to the back of it.

It really bulks out the iPhone. Easily doubles the thickness of the phone. It doesn't close all the way down because its so stiff since its brand new. Once it's broken in, with time, it should close better.
I have my ID and three bank/credit cards in the slots. I was sketchy about the phone screen getting scuffed or scratched from the cards but the leather protects it from the cards ever touching the screen.
View attachment 75712View attachment 75713

What's the call quality like?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 75712View attachment 75713

When I had the first version for my 5 I actually carried it in my back pocket without the phone for about a week to break it in.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't affect the call quality at all. You just have to get used to holding the phone with the flap tucked back. Your hand is covering any info on cards or ID's that may be exposed with the book opened as such.
jj, just a few helpful tips as far as storing your cards in the Bookbook. The clear window where most people keep their driver license- turn it around to have the back of the license facing out so your pic & info aren't visible. Yes it might be a PITA that you'll have to physically taken your license out anytime you may need to show ID but it is more secure. Also where the slots for cards go, turn them around as well to minimize an info from being exposed !

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
When I had the first version for my 5 I actually carried it in my back pocket without the phone for about a week to break it in.

This is a good idea for the guys, and some of the girls that "backpocket" their phones. I don't and never did. I'm the yoga/sweat pant front pocket-er type, so what I did with my very first Bookbook for my 4S at the time was apply a hair product called "moroccan oil" in a thin layer and I let it soak in to help soften the book....in addition it gave the leather an extra rich smell too !

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I got my case today guys and I love it! This is such an awesomely designed case! The only bummer I've noticed is that my silicon case for the phone on the bottom left doesn't fully encapsulate the phone there's a gap that you see like the case is bent slightly. Should I email support and get another?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices