Turning off Push notifications at night

vazpazaz

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I'd like to know if there is any way to disable notifications of emails pushed to the iphone at night without manually doing so? I've just setup my hotmail activesync and am really worried that i'll have to turn off the push features as I receive a number of emails daily which hit my account between 1.00am and 6.00am and dont want to woken by them hitting the phone...

I dont think it's possible, but am just asking incase it is, and if it's not would like to propose this as a feature for future builds.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone doesn't have "profiles" to let you do this. There are some jailbreak apps that would let you do this if you decide to go that route.

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I just put the phone in airplane mode at night. Unfortunately that turns off all radios. When I turn off airplane mode in the morning, emails and texts flow in no problem.

vazpazaz

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replies. obviously i know i can just turn off the volume with the switch etc, i guess my point/request was that i'd like to have the phone automatically disable the push features or at least the notification of incoming messages in the middle of the night. (this is the problem with a single device for all my important and not so important means of communication)

i'll look at the jailbreak options but until such a time as i've moved from vanilla OS i shall have to turn off the push features.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73