TurboTax on Ventura 13.1

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I just got my Mac yesterday and I’m finding some of the apps I normally use are not available. And one app that I’d looked for was TurboTax. Now I’m filled with dread that I won’t be able to use TurboTax on my MacBook Pro.

Has anyone done their taxes yet on a MacBook Pro using TurboTax this year?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I just got my Mac yesterday and I’m finding some of the apps I normally use are not available. And one app that I’d looked for was TurboTax. Now I’m filled with dread that I won’t be able to use TurboTax on my MacBook Pro.

Are you looking in the Apple App Store or are you going to turbotax.intuit.com ?

Intuit states specifically that TT works on Ventura.

I haven’t received W-2’s and 1099’s yet, so no I haven’t done them yet. I also do them on my iPad Pro.

Here’s the link for OS support.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...wnload/tta-system-requirements&token=x7LRMoFL

Also I hate to defecate on your parade but… https://www.imore.com/mac/macbook/n...-launch-today-but-will-they-be-worth-the-wait

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

You can use Turbo Tax online, if necessary. It pretty much works the same as the app - at least it did the last time I used it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking in the Apple App Store or are you going to turbotax.intuit.com ?

I haven’t received W-2’s and 1099’s yet, so no I haven’t done them yet. I also do them on my iPad Pro.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...wnload/tta-system-requirements&token=-GdKl2WW

It depends on where you live.

If you're Canadian:
TurboTax in Canada only supports Web, iOS, Android or Windows: TurboTax® 20 Returns Download 2022-2023 | TurboTax® Canada (intuit.ca) and TurboTax® 2022-2023 Online Tax Software | File Your Taxes Online (intuit.ca), FAQ section "Can I prepare and file my taxes on my phone or tablet? What about Mac?"

Personally, I have almost always used UFile Web, which is their competitor, and it worked great on my Mac :)
They don't have any dedicated mobile or Mac app.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...wnload/tta-system-requirements&token=sSarvuzB

Also I hate to defecate on your parade but… https://www.imore.com/mac/macbook/n...-launch-today-but-will-they-be-worth-the-wait

I looked in the App Store and couldn’t find TurboTax so I was going to get it through Amazon and download it to my Mac.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends on where you live.

If you're Canadian:
TurboTax in Canada only supports Web, iOS, Android or Windows: TurboTax 20 Returns Download 2022-2023 | TurboTax Canada (intuit.ca) and TurboTax 2022-2023 Online Tax Software | File Your Taxes Online (intuit.ca), FAQ section "Can I prepare and file my taxes on my phone or tablet? What about Mac?"

Personally, I have almost always used UFile Web, which is their competitor, and it worked great on my Mac :)
They don't have any dedicated mobile or Mac app.

Well, worse comes to worse I can just use my Windows laptop. I was just hoping to use my Mac exclusively from now on.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I looked in the App Store and couldn’t find TurboTax so I was going to get it through Amazon and download it to my Mac.

You’re in Canada ? If not, download it directly from intuit. Or download the Canadian version from them…

If you just got a new MacBook Pro yesterday, Apple released new ones today. Are you going to return and get an M2 ?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You’re in Canada ? If not, download it directly from intuit. Or download the Canadian version from them…

If you just got a new MacBook Pro yesterday, Apple released new ones today. Are you going to return and get an M2 ?

No, I’m in the US. And I use TurboTax, I’d like to stay with them.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Somehow that doesn’t show up in my App Store.

There is an app for iPhone and iPad. Not Mac. I’ve been looking for it ever since I got my MacBook.

Okay, I see what’s happening… They don’t allow direct link so it takes you here. Click on continue to website.

Then scroll all the the way down and you’ll see CD/Download Products, in that section there is an All CD/Download
And if you click that, you’ll get to the purchase download page.

Click on the one you want, then it will ask you if you want Winders or Mac….

They don’t make it easy. It’s not in the App Store, you’re downloading directly from Intruit. (Turbo Tax).

Last edited:

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I was on the website using Safari. But all could find on that info he sent was iPhone and iPad.

e5ab55c23c14c8a72ea367a9c8fca5dd.jpg

Hey TapaTalk is letting me upload photos. But only one per post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal