Trying to update to 5.1

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am jailbroken and I am trying to update in itunes and after it downloads it keeps saying it fails to connect. How do I do this? Please help.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Try a restore and then update. If that doesnt work, the try DFU mode and then restore. You will lose your JB if you update.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Try a restore and then update. If that doesnt work, the try DFU mode and then restore. You will lose your JB if you update.

I'm aware of losing JB, but for the last two days, I have been unable to use my phone without it freezing.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
my computer refused to connect to the itunes server because tinyumbrella was forcing itunes to talk to cydia servers instead of apple. took me days to finally restore it properly. i had to edit my hosts file by deleting the cydia ones and re-adding the apple ones. google how to fix windows itunes host files. i was able to find a list of the ip addresses and urls that you need to restore it too. it was a pain, ill never JB again. not worth the hassle.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
My iphone is now stuck in DFU Mode, the one where it shows the symbol to connect to itunes. Can someone please advise.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iphone is now stuck in DFU Mode, the one where it shows the symbol to connect to itunes. Can someone please advise.

Connect it to iTunes (make sure you have Wi-Fi/internet access), your phone will then be activated and then iTunes will download and install iOS 5.1 for you. You will lose jailbreak. At least that is my understanding.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative