Trying to find my first job in iOS Development...

Laura Barber

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to the industry having recently graduated with a 1st in Computer Science & am looking to start my career as an iOS Developer (2 years personal experience).

Where is the best place for me to look for Development job posts?

I've been through the usual boards; Reed, JobSite, etc., but they aren't very useful :no: Does any one else have this problem..?

Any help would really be appreciated!

LB

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Laura.:) Here's a good place to start looking: http://www.indeed.com/q-Apple-Ios-Application-Developer-jobs.html

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Laura. I hope it is your intent to become a part of our community because we'd love to have you among us. Feel free to read throughout the forums and participate as you see fit within the boundaries of our Community Rules & Guidelines, of course, that can be read HERE. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Take care...:)

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to our iMore community Laura :biggrin: Much luck in iOS development. I'm sure you will find many tips here !

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Laura glad you decided to join up. Do you use any iOS devices yourself? The sites that others have listed already are pretty good but you might even consider doing some work yourself. You could put out your qualifications on the social networks like Twitter, Facebook and sites like Kijiji and offer your services to smaller app developers. Sometimes people are out there with an idea but they don't know how to do the coding or other parts of what's needed to develop the app. This will also give you experience that you can list at interviews. GL with your search.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome laura to iMore and best of luck with just graduating with a degree in computer science. It looks like youy have a good game plan and have come to the best place to start asking questions about this kind of thing. If there is anything we can do to further assist you along, Please don't hesitate to ask and just keep trying and never give up. :)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Laura, great job in completing your CS degree. From what I was able to determine, Reed is a UK based site. So if you're in the UK, not sure if the following are available in your geography or desired work locations:

Simplyhired
Indeed
Dice

The above are some I recently used after getting laid off. LinkedIn, of course, is an almost mandatory. What I and my colleagues (also laid off) quickly learned is that getting the right keywords and buzzwords in your r?sum? and job site profiles are key to getting past the automated filters or screening HR staff. Karenkcoulter hit on this important fact above. In addition, industry and academic experience and credentials alone are not sufficient, and some of the filters or human screeners don't have logic or an appreciation for how your degree and work experience can translate into a match for their needs.

Since you are a fresh graduate, suggest highlighting select projects where you can show a working prototype or app, or easily walk the interviewers through your design approach, and how you learn and adjust from problems encountered and solved.

And for career search, if your situation allows, I'd cast a wide net geographically. I'm assuming your from the UK, and if so, then you may have an easier time by looking at Commonwealth nations - assuming their work immigration policies support this.

Lastly, I'd search beyond the job specific sites and consider academic and governmental careers. While in general they may not pay as well the private sector, you can gain valuable experience as you decide exactly what you want to do for the long term.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Laura,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73