Trying to erase/delete an iPhone 4s - requested password can't be verified. How can I do this?

doctorpatg

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Trying to erase/delete an iPhone 4s - requested password can't be verified.

It is an extremely easy process to wipe an iPhone 4s. However, at a point in the process I am asked to enter a password. When I do, after a bit of wait, a message tells me that, "There was an error connecting to iCloud." and gives the options to cancel or try again. Of course, I keep selecting "try again" and trying various passwords I might have used years ago but to no avail. Any suggestions?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trying to erase/delete an iPhone 4s - requested password can't be verified.

It is an extremely easy process to wipe an iPhone 4s. However, at a point in the process I am asked to enter a password. When I do, after a bit of wait, a message tells me that, "There was an error connecting to iCloud." and gives the options to cancel or try again. Of course, I keep selecting "try again" and trying various passwords I might have used years ago but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Have you tried resetting the phone? Hold the Home and Power buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Then let the phone restart.

You can also use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.

doctorpatg

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Trying to erase/delete an iPhone 4s - requested password can't be verified.

Thank you - just got home. Yes, I have reset the phone without effect. I will try the website snd let you know.

Later - No luck at website. Went through password reset for about the fourth or fifth time and also verified, again, an alternate email. I continue to get the same message - that there was an error connecting to iCloud

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox