Trying to Downgrade from Sierra to El Capitan

Eldeeablo

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought used MacBook Pro that has ssd 256gb installed with OS X Sierra. I need to downgrade to El Capitan but my time machine backup that has El Capitan on it is almost a 1 TB so Time Machine says it can't restore because theres not enough room on the new drive.

I also tried downloading El Capitan from App Store which I did, but when I try to install it says

This copy of the “Install OS X” application is too old to be opened on this version of OS X.

Need help!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought used MacBook Pro that has ssd 256gb installed with OS X Sierra. I need to downgrade to El Capitan but my time machine backup that has El Capitan on it is almost a 1 TB so Time Machine says it can't restore because theres not enough room on the new drive.

I also tried downloading El Capitan from App Store which I did, but when I try to install it says

This copy of the “Install OS X” application is too old to be opened on this version of OS X.

Need help!

Welcome to iMore.

Here is a guide by Lory Gil of iMore on how to downgrade from OS X Sierra to OS X El Capitan. Hopefully this will help you. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods