Trust Uber with your McDonald's, not $2k of iPhone and Apple Watch, as ripped-off customer finds out

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
A story about a Reddit User who claimed Uber Eats didn’t deliver his iPhone and watch. In a completely unrelated and separate story, fakes scams and dishonesty run rampant on the internet.

Question for the writer, doesn’t Apple know quite precisely the serial numbers of these devices? They’d also know if the devices were activated and on what account? Did you check at all on this?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Question for the writer, doesn’t Apple know quite precisely the serial numbers of these devices? They’d also know if the devices were activated and on what account? Did you check at all on this?

Um, nope.

Since Future took over, article writing quality has tanked quite severely.

They have quotas and deadlines to meet and that’s all that matters at the expense of quality.

Such a sad state of affairs.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So Redditer orders 2000 dollars of apple gear, it never gets delivered, and apple didn’t make it right.

giphy.gif

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had issues with trade ins with Apple. My MacBook Air apparently arrived with a smashed screen and broken chin. That particular laptop was in pristine shape when I dropped it off with Apples preferred UPS store. I had to argue that one on three different phone calls before they honored my trade in. The same UPS delivery place delivered my IPhone 13 Pro Max for trade in. But they didn’t. The box arrived empty. That one required two phone calls to get things sorted. I got my money in both cases but it was a headache and clearly the UPS store they are telling customers to go to is having issues. I expected more from Apple on that front. Anyway, that’s my story and it isn’t fake.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I have had issues with trade ins with Apple. My MacBook Air apparently arrived with a smashed screen and broken chin. That particular laptop was in pristine shape when I dropped it off with Apples preferred UPS store. I had to argue that one on three different phone calls before they honored my trade in. The same UPS delivery place delivered my IPhone 13 Pro Max for trade in. But they didn’t. The box arrived empty. That one required two phone calls to get things sorted. I got my money in both cases but it was a headache and clearly the UPS store they are telling customers to go to is having issues. I expected more from Apple on that front. Anyway, that’s my story and it isn’t fake.

Apple has reached — excluding the occasional spike here but down tomorrow state run oil company — the status of most sustained valuable company in the history of the human race (noting the Dutch East Indies company of 1600-1620 may have been bigger). You cannot be this big and servicing hundreds of millions of customers without not doing it right on occasion. And this is especially true of trade ins where some customers outright lie about the condition of their trade in (I worked at Apple refurb, trust me the lying happens on the customer side too frequently).
Regardless, you’re using your own story of less than satisfactory experience on trade ins to say the Reddit story is true. Even though it is a fact that an iPhone and watch are nearly valueless without the ability to register to an iCloud account, being devices that Apple knows the ID on and can see if someone has registered it, tried to register, Apple even possibly blocking someone. “We shipped it and don’t really care now” is almost comical.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
“iMore has reached out to Apple for comment on the incident.”

I’m throwing the brown BS flag on this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2