Trump on concerns WeChat ban could hurt iPhone sales: 'Whatever'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m in agreement with the President. I highly doubt a single 3rd party app that’s also available on Android is the reason they opted to buy an iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I took the President’s “whatever” response to mean he didn’t agree with the assumption that banning WeChat would basically harm Apple. It is “my personal opinion” that it will not harm Apple.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m in agreement with the President. I highly doubt a single 3rd party app that’s also available on Android is the reason they opted to buy an iPhone.

Everyone in China uses wechat no matter what operating system they have. It's a skin that acts like it's own operating system in many ways. It has close to 100% adoption.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everyone in China uses wechat no matter what operating system they have. It's a skin that acts like it's own operating system in many ways. It has close to 100% adoption.

Okay. Let’s say 100% of the folks in China uses the WeChat app. Do you think banning the app will hurt Apple? If so, how? I’m not debating you so please don’t think that. I’m curious to know your viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien