Transparent Widget Background?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I want to remove those ugly grey widget backgrounds. I googled it and searched in Cydia, but I didn't find anything that works.
Does anyone know how to remove them or make them transparent in iOS6.1 in the Lock Screen and Notification Center :confused:
I attached a screenshot from my Lock Screen where you can see 3 widgets with those ugly grey backgrounds, It would be awesome if I could remove them. :cool:

I appreciate every help :)

LS.PNG

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
off topic (my apologies): what is your setup here in the screenshot?

haha no problem :p

I'm using 'IntelliscreenX 6'
  1. The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
  2. The second widget is 'WeeSearchPro' with customized search engines and implemented URL Schemes to send notes to OmniFocus, Drafts search in Google or Wikipedia.
  3. The third widget is 'Forecast', which shows the time in the stock weather widget
I used 'Winterboard' and 'Absolute Transparency' from Cydia to make everything transparent, but the widgets still have those ugly grey backgrounds which I want to remove.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha no problem :p

I'm using 'IntelliscreenX 6'
  1. The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
  2. The second widget is 'WeeSearchPro' with customized search engines and implemented URL Schemes to send notes to OmniFocus, Drafts search in Google or Wikipedia.
  3. The third widget is 'Forecast', which shows the time in the stock weather widget
I used 'Winterboard' and 'Absolute Transparency' from Cydia to make everything transparent, but the widgets still have those ugly grey backgrounds which I want to remove.

wow, very nice! are the themed sbsettings toggles included with sbsettings or separate? if not what is the name i can search for?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's an isx thing, so I would start in the settings for isx, see if there are any transparency toggles or options about.
If not, use ifile or ifunbox and navigate to the isx folder and search the folders for .png files that contain the name "shadow"
or apparently "bg" or "background"

Last edited:

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
wow, very nice! are the themed sbsettings toggles included with sbsettings or separate? if not what is the name i can search for?

hmm... thats a little tricky :p
It's a customized and combined version of 'EPHD' (Elite Pro HD), 'iRetina' and 'NoteBook'. But you'll get the most from 'EPHD'.
If you want to use it in 'IntelliScreenX', you have do 2 things. Toggles have an "on" and "off" picture, you have to duplicate them and add "@2x" if you want them to be crisp :p
And you have to rename your SBSettings folder with the themed toggles to "Default", because 'IntelliScreenX' uses the default SBSettings toogles.
And I created some of them by myself, for example the "Do Not Disturb" toggle :p

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It's an isx thing, so I would start in the settings for isx, see if there are any transparency toggles or options about.
If not, use ifile or ifunbox and navigate to the isx folder and search the folders for .png files that contain the name "shadow"

YEAH!!! I found that rat! :p

His name is "WeeAppBackground"

Every widget has its own "WeeAppBackground"-files. So If anyone else want to get rid of them have to replace these files with transparent versions of it. It's nothing special, but I attach them, so you can use them directly :D

Attachments

• WeeAppBackground.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 64

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sooo, it took some time, but I found all rats :p

So this is my new Lockscreen with IntelliScreenX 6 and my widgets and the SBSettings toggles are hidden in the Top Shelve of ISX, which can be unveiled with a swipe down :D

Here are the paths and the files you need to replace to make everything transparent :)

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/StockWeeApp.bundle
- weeapp_bg@2x.png

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/WeeSearchPro.bundle
- Background.png
- Background@2x.png

Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXQuickSettings.bundle
Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXTicker.bundle
Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/SBSettings.bundle
- WeeAppBackground
- WeeAppBackground@2x

Attachments

• Widget Replacement Files.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Clear LS.png
    Clear LS.png
    796.5 KB · Views: 36

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, that is some beautiful work on the SBSettings toggles!

I can give you all informations how it's called and how to get this setup if you're interested. I just don't want to write a long post if nobody want to read it :p

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Fb2 is going to show you the way!!

Think of it like Legos, you're going to have the pieces, and the booklet, you can make that awesome house with pretty flowers!

It's easy and were all here to help! I'm voting for the instructions, I know one other member already liked it!

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I did follow the instructions for installing the transparency files, but even after both respringing and rebooting, I still have the dark backgrounds. Maybe I missed something? I have a relatively dark lock screen wallpaper, so it's not too noticeable, but when I applied a light wallpaper the boxes are very evident.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You have a retina display? So you just need to use the files ending in @2x.png
And you need to replace files in five different folders.
One file in one folder, a second file in a second folder, then the third file in three separate folders.
Do you think you did that?
Maybe he also still has a transparency theme that's helping

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I did follow the instructions for installing the transparency files, but even after both respringing and rebooting, I still have the dark backgrounds. Maybe I missed something? I have a relatively dark lock screen wallpaper, so it's not too noticeable, but when I applied a light wallpaper the boxes are very evident.

It's just like 3cit said, you have to replace the grey widget background of every widget individually, because the developer/themer of the widget doesn't take the same file, it's always a file in their widget folder. And I use a the Winterboard theme "Transparent Pack iOS 6.1"

That should solve your problem :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would love to give it a try, but it may be beyond my limited skills!

The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings

So you need IntelliScreenX 6 and SBSettings.
The SBSettings theme which I use is mainly from "EPHD" (ElitePro HD).
Every SBSettings toggle does have a folder with icons, for example "on.png" and "off.png".
  1. You have to rename them all to "on@2x.png" and "off@2x.png".
  2. After that you have to put the theme in the SBSettings thmes folder.
  3. The path is: /var/mobile/library/SBSettings/theme.
  4. There you have to rename the folder (with the icons you want to use) to "Default", because ISX QuickSettings takes the default SBSettings theme.
  5. Go to settings of the notifications and chose your SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
  6. Do a respring

I hope it's not overwhelming :p

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
fb2 and 3cit, first, thanks for the helpful responses to a newbie. I've followed the instructions closely. I went back in and left only the @2x files, and I applied the Transparent Pack theme. I still have very faint boxes around the ISX widget bar in the drawer and the ISX ticker, and much darker boxes around the weather and SB Settings widgets. That's after respringing. I'm trying rebooting next. Even if I can't get it to work in the end, I appreciate the free tutoring I'm getting here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox