Transferring to 3G

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a 1st gen iphone and I'm going to purchase a 3G phone this weekend. I've got lots of apps, email, etc on there and I'm wondering:

How tough is the transfer? I've got a mobile me account, does that help the process?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's no different than if you were doing a restore to your current phone. And yes having MobileMe does speed things up a bit.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Don't do it. If you are paying iphone one prices, it is not worth switching.
3G plagued by dropped calls. Do an internet search on "3G issues ATT"

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have never had more than 2 or 3 dropped calls since July 11th.

Buy it, you'll have 30 days to return it if you have issues. Chances are you will be good.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
i was with cingular/att for 8 years up to last august
paying $69 for two treos, unlimited text, unlimited data, 200 mms and 1250 shared minutes... without issue..never raised my bill i shld say they did raise it but always lowered back it after a phone call. last august went with sprint .. great coverage.. great inet speed just want an iphone... i like apple products... enuf said i am greatly disapointed honestly sorry u took offense ash... i just dont like the phone and they lied (att and apple) about speed coverage

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i was with cingular/att for 8 years up to last august
paying $69 for two treos, unlimited text, unlimited data, 200 mms and 1250 shared minutes... without issue..never raised my bill i shld say they did raise it but always lowered back it after a phone call. last august went with sprint .. great coverage.. great inet speed just want an iphone... i like apple products... enuf said i am greatly disapointed honestly sorry u took offense ash... i just dont like the phone and they lied (att and apple)

No offense taken. I'm complete opposite, I had horrible Sprint service all of a sudden and I gave it a few months to get better and it never did. So I bailed and went to AT&T... have superb service in the Chicago area. It happens. :eek:

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I got my iPhone 3G on launch day, and with iTunes down, I couldn't back up. Set up Exchange and MobileMe, however, and all my PIM data was right there, near-instantly. Boom!

(I'm on Rogers, so no AT&T horror stories)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber