Trade in to XS Max question

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure of the correct forum to ask this in. I’m upgrading to a Max so I just came in.

For years we have done the next program with ATT. This year we were going to enroll in the Apple upgrade program. Can I do that if I don’t own the phone from ATT free and clear yet? Previously I would get the phone from ATT and send the other one back in the same box. Does the same still happen here, only I’m not sending it to Apple?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
As I understand it, you won't be able to do the Apple Upgrade (iUP) program. I believe, though don't know for sure, that you must have an upgrade available on your cell plan to join iUP.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Apple will let you proceed with the iUP even if you have a current balance on your line. Im just not sure what happens after that. Its very possible that you could continue on and have two payments, one through AT&T and one through Apple. Or, the balance on your current phone could show up on your next bill. Proceed with caution.

I just checked with one of my lines that I know has a balance and here is what it tells me. Granted its Verizon, but I would imagine it would be the same with AT&T.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 3.27.34 PM.png

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB