• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Touch Screen Responsiveness After Screen Protector Installation

bassjo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that since having the tempered glass screen protector installed on my S5 that certain touch functions are way less responsive. For instance this morning starting an Elliptical workout it took like 5 or 6 different attempts to actually get it to start. Then again, sometimes everything works like a charm. I know it's not an actual hardware issue with the watch, just that the screen seems to be a little less responsive, is there a way to increase the sensitivity without removing the screen protector? (Note: When BB installed the screen protector I was very particular in that I DID NOT want any bubbles, and I'd say the installation is spot on)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on my Apple Watch SS sapphire screen that came on my two previously purchased AW's. Maybe someone who has used screen protection on their AW's can chime in and give you their experience.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I do use a clear silicone cover on my watch, and there are times when I have to tap a bit more firmly. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to increase your screen sensitivity. You may want to consider contacting Apple Support to find out for sure. Please be sure to post back here on what you find out.

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I do believe the Apple Watch is not designed to have a screen protector, probably why Apple themselves don’t sell them

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the spigen rough cover to help protect the edges and a vinyl screen protector. Both are inexpensive to purchase.
56c54a320808f4b7da52ba4c1b06ce93.jpg

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I've noticed that since having the tempered glass screen protector installed on my S5 that certain touch functions are way less responsive. For instance this morning starting an Elliptical workout it took like 5 or 6 different attempts to actually get it to start. Then again, sometimes everything works like a charm. I know it's not an actual hardware issue with the watch, just that the screen seems to be a little less responsive, is there a way to increase the sensitivity without removing the screen protector? (Note: When BB installed the screen protector I was very particular in that I DID NOT want any bubbles, and I'd say the installation is spot on)

I have the same problem. I swipe to left to close app and I sometimes I need to press multiple time X to close.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman