Topics ruined by spam!!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear on the one minute issue...what I meant is that I'm happy to help report spam, but that it's frustrating to be told "sorry, you just reported some spam, it's too soon to report more spam." I'm sure one-per-minute is fine for the admin side.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll stop spamming the anti-spam thread now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear on the one minute issue...what I meant is that I'm happy to help report spam, but that it's frustrating to be told "sorry, you just reported some spam, it's too soon to report more spam." I'm sure one-per-minute is fine for the admin side.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll stop spamming the anti-spam thread now.

See what happens when a thread is spammed, there might be several in that same thread. Can you imagine if somebody reported every single spam on that thread and done by multiple people? Our inboxes would be hammered. If no 1 minute rules existed, it would happen. Just my opinion

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As i've stated before, the Mods are doing a great job with this spam problem. For what ever reason, this website seems to be targeted. Anyway, my solution involves physical violence, and since that's out, i'll just go with reporting the spam when i see it. I'm trying to use the Force on the spammers!:)

I agree with you that physical force would be great, but...... anyway, may the Force Be With You.

Reactions: anon(631531)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
please define "spam" :D
spam Noun /spam/
happy-014.gif

1) A canned meat product made mainly from ham

2) Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

brokenartist

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I am just upset because my post was closed due to Spam. I try and mark all the postings I see as Spam as Spam to help the forum moderators. That was a good popular thread though. Just saying.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
please define "spam" :D
"unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE)." Any mass mailings.

In this case, there have been lots of noisy irrelevant messages to this forum. Since the forum sends copies of posts to followers, It unintentionally and inadvertently acts as an amplifier for these messages.

It is important that the mods take down the messages but, by the time they do, much of the damage has already done.