Today the GOP Take Control of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So because teenagers can't enter legally binding contracts they have no real world experience? That is a lame definition. I knew someone who was a teenager who paid all the bills in his house and attended high school and looked out for his sister, but I guess that still isn't "real world" experience then?

No that is a fallacy. Many a people at a young age have to face the real world face real life decisions. Just because they can't sign their name for a loan or for a house does not mean they haven't seen the real world.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

You don't get it. You just don't. You took the singular example I gave and tried to apply it as the ONLY reason I could give...I gave that example because it encompasses so many different things...signing a contract is a tiny little drop in the bucket of just the singular example I gave, but again, you don't get it.

Since you're young, and you fail to really grasp the point I'm making to you...I'll simply repeat that there is a reason why teenagers are considered children until they are 18 years old. It's not just some random number someone came up with one day, it reflects experience and maturity. Can a teenager taste the real world? Absolutely...they do all the time (your example of a person who paid the bills and looked out for his sister would show this)...but if you think that is what makes up real world experience, it just shows that even you have very little understanding of what the real world is all about.

You speak of fallacy...yet your opinions, at least on this subject, are still based in a youthful mindset. This discussion is lost on you because you feel children have experience that they generally do not.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You don't get it. You just don't. You took the singular example I gave and tried to apply it as the ONLY reason I could give...I gave that example because it encompasses so many different things...signing a contract is a tiny little drop in the bucket of just the singular example I gave, but again, you don't get it.

Since you're young, and you fail to really grasp the point I'm making to you...I'll simply repeat that there is a reason why teenagers are considered children until they are 18 years old. It's not just some random number someone came up with one day, it reflects experience and maturity. Can a teenager taste the real world? Absolutely...they do all the time (your example of a person who paid the bills and looked out for his sister would show this)...but if you think that is what makes up real world experience, it just shows that even you have very little understanding of what the real world is all about.

You speak of fallacy...yet your opinions, at least on this subject, are still based in a youthful mindset. This discussion is lost on you because you feel children have experience that they generally do not.

You still have not defined what is real world! Define your definition of it! What is so hard? And stop treating me like some damn child, talk to me right here, don't talk down to me. What is real world to you? Explain.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You still have not defined what is real world! Define your definition of it! What is so hard? And stop treating me like some damn child, talk to me right here, don't talk down to me. What is real world to you? Explain.

What is the real world? I could spend DAYS defining it! I'm not going to sit here and list off a million things that define what the real world is...but I will simplify a response by saying that at a certain age (usually 18 or 21), you begin having protective bubbles removed...bubbles that ALL teenagers are protected by in our country. At that point, you enter the real world...the dog eat dog world where the guy next to you would just assume sh*t on you vs. give you a helping hand...and can legitimately do it because nothing stops him from doing such.

I'm speaking to you this way because you made this statement...

But some here still thing age is a better value than what people actually say.

...this is hilarious to me. There isn't a teenager on the planet that I would sit down and listen to legitimately when they try and express their self proclaimed "wisdom"...because as I said before, regardless of how tough someone's upbringing is, a teenager is a child protected from the real world in more ways than I can count, even if they have to take on adult-like responsibilities, this does not equate to real world experience outside of that bubble.

You very obviously still enjoy some of these bubbles since you're making this argument in the first place. You think I give a sh*t what some 20 year old has to "teach" me about anything? You think a 65 year old man gives a sh*t what I have to "teach" him about anything? It's all relevant...you'll get it one day.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What is the real world? I could spend DAYS defining it! I'm not going to sit here and list off a million things that define what the real world is...but I will simplify a response by saying that at a certain age (usually 18 or 21), you begin having protective bubbles removed...bubbles that ALL teenagers are protected by in our country. At that point, you enter the real world...the dog eat dog world where the guy next to you would just assume sh*t on you vs. give you a helping hand...and can legitimately do it because nothing stops him from doing such.

I'm speaking to you this way because you made this statement...

...this is hilarious to me. There isn't a teenager on the planet that I would sit down and listen to legitimately when they try and express their self proclaimed "wisdom"...because as I said before, regardless of how tough someone's upbringing is, a teenager is a child protected from the real world in more ways than I can count, even if they have to take on adult-like responsibilities, this does not equate to real world experience outside of that bubble.

You very obviously still enjoy some of these bubbles since you're making this argument in the first place. You think I give a sh*t what some 20 year old has to "teach" me about anything? You think a 65 year old man gives a sh*t what I have to "teach" him about anything? It's all relevant...you'll get it one day.

So you have no argument! You keep saying some protection but make no specifics! What could someone out there who is 20 or less putting food on their own table, working paying bills is any different than someone who is 30 or 40 doing the same thing? What is the big difference?

And FYI, I am not some sheltered brat, I have worked in real life work environments, I currently live on my own, own a car, have a car with my name on it. I have paid bills before, got my own bank account, I have loans. Struggled growing up living in poverty, being on government assistance. What is this big thing I am protected from? What is the real world I am missing?

You say having adult responsibilities at a younger age isn't real world, but what is this real world you keep referencing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You know exactly what Sean is referring to, but you're too stubborn to admit it. In fact, you're still trying to prove that you can hang with the big boys, and that your youth is irrelevant. Yet, each post you make proves your inexperience, your lack of insight and your unwillingness to even consider that you could be either wrong or not fully informed. It's like someone who has studied how to play the game of basketball to the point of being an expert and then believes that he can step on the court and actually beat Lebron James. Those with mere "knowledge" of the game will always fall prey to those with in-game experience.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....What is the big difference?

Do you still look at things in the same manner that you did when you were 10 years old? What about when you were 5 years old? When you're 30, you're not going to look at things in the same manner as you do now. Things will become a little bit clearer and you will look back and wonder why you didn't see it before. The same applies when you turn 40 and 50 so on and so forth. That's the difference.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You know exactly what Sean is referring to, but you're too stubborn to admit it. In fact, you're still trying to prove that you can hang with the big boys, and that your youth is irrelevant. Yet, each post you make proves your inexperience, your lack of insight and your unwillingness to even consider that you could be either wrong or not fully informed. It's like someone who has studied how to play the game of basketball to the point of being an expert and then believes that he can step on the court and actually beat Lebron James. Those with mere "knowledge" of the game will always fall prey to those with in-game experience.

What is Sean referring too? Can someone be straight up in their response? And really? "Big Boys"?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you still look at things in the same manner that you did when you were 10 years old? What about when you were 5 years old? When you're 30, you're not going to look at things in the same manner as you do now. Things will become a little bit clearer and you will look back and wonder why you didn't see it before. The same applies when you turn 40 and 50 so on and so forth. That's the difference.

That is clearer, but isn't that just having regrets and lamenting pass decisions? Or wondering what could have been? I can see that. But that is why when you have the time when you are younger, you weigh all your options and always weigh what your future will be. I do see some things differently, but I was forced when I was younger to be more mature and be older than I was, so my views haven't changed all that much in retrospect.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What is Sean referring too? Can someone be straight up in their response? And really? "Big Boys"?

There's nothing left to say. We've all been straight up. You're the one who's dancing around trying to get the last word in and be the last one standing in an attempt to save face. With that, I'm going to put my iPhone down, and enjoy the rest of the football game. C-ya

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Unless they publicly lynch Obama, Reid , Pelosi, Kerry and both clintons, this congress will be a complete waste! And yes I'm serious!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No...there is not. There's a reason why there are so many legalities and regulations that prevent teenagers from entering into legally binding contracts and such until they are 18, and then even more until they are 21. It's because a teenager, by and large, cannot make an educated decision on something given their complete lack of real world experience. You can argue it all day long, but the truth is the truth...just because you have a tough upbringing, and you taste the real world, doesn't change the fact that as a teenager, you're still considered a child...and because of this, are shielded from many of the things adults have to face on a daily basis.

Nice job with personal attacks and changing the subject as usual. Shrug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think people give up in exhaustion and off topic frustration. I guess as long as you agree then it must be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh