To make the jump?

MORGENDORFFER

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had a Samsung Galaxy (OG! :cool:) since its release however many years ago and it's done me quite well up until late last year/early this year. I can call and text just fine, but browsing the web and games that aren't Solitaire are abysmally nightmarish. They'll stay open for literally five minutes before bogging down to a snail's pace and eventually force closing. It's also sporting a nice crack down the center these days.

So here I am, an Android fanboy ready to jump ship and explore new, forbidden territories. I'm just not sure if now is the time. If it is, I'll without a doubt be going for the 5S...probably the 16GB. It's just beautiful and I love the feel of it. On the other, 6 is literally right around the corner. Any other time, I could suck it up and wait another four months, but good loooooord this Galaxy is the bane of my existence.

Obviously it's up to me at the end of the day, but I guess what I'm asking is, amid all the rumors, is there anything at all concrete about what 6 will bring? Specifically anything that'll make me want to kick myself in four months for not waiting? I know the bigger screen is the hot gossip right now but that's something that's doesn't really tickle my fancy. I'm more interested in the hardware.

(hopes this hasn't been posted in the wrong place :concern:)

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

Like you, I am an Android user (Galaxy Note 3) but I also have an iPhone too.

I went for the Note 3 because I needed a larger screen for work. For me, that was pretty much the only consideration in a work phone I had. This will be rectified in the iPhone 6, by all accounts.

This brings me on to my next point. Unfortunately, nothing is concrete about the iPhone 6 yet. Nothing at all.

Even though we think the iPhone 6 will have a larger screen, until it is confirmed by Apple, it's not certain. As it's likely to be a new design, the chances are that some of the internal specs will be somewhat different too but of course this is just my opinion based on pure conjecture.

If you really can't wait to get rid of your Galaxy then the iPhone 5S is an astonishing phone that you will love and will keep you happy for a long while. If you have to have the latest iPhone then hang in there if you can. Apple don't normally release any concrete info about their next device until just before launch. Going on past years, that's likely to be September time or thereabouts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro