To keep or return

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So I cancelled my preorder for my Iphone because I found one at the Apple store. Well they sent me the Iphone anyway and it's been three days and they have not charged my account.. Return it or sell it? FYI it's AT&T so it can be activated without being in anyones system. What would you do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I cancelled my preorder for my Iphone because I found one at the Apple store. Well they sent me the Iphone anyway and it's been three days and they have not charged my account.. Return it or sell it? FYI it's AT&T so it can be activated without being in anyones system. What would you do.

Return it. It is only a matter of time before your account is charged. Furthermore, you might want to call the company you pre-ordered from and let them know that you had cancelled the order and made a purchase via an Apple store. Get the rep's name and tell him or her to note your account that you will be returning the device via mail. Also, if they have a return shipping label, to send you one via mail or email. Anyway, that is what I would do.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Getting something without paying for it is theft. They may not have charged you now but they will if not returned. It's ultimately your conscience you'll have to deal with if you elect to keep it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Let your sense of right and wrong tell you what to do. Everything always seems to catch up to people that are looking to be sneeky so to speak. Return it, Do the right thing ans use your phone you bought at the Apple store. You will be glad you did later. ;)

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I took it to the ATT store and they said they can't take it back because it's not their inventory I have to call in since I ordered it online. I called the and they said "sir that order was cancelled. I'm lost.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I took it to the ATT store and they said they can't take it back because it's not their inventory I have to call in since I ordered it online. I called the and they said "sir that order was cancelled. I'm lost.

I suppose I am old fashioned but I would call AT&T back again and ask to speak to a Manager in the sales dept. where you ordered it, GIve them your order and confirmation number and tell them what happened. Maybe they will tell you to send it back and send you a pre-paid label but then you have at least informed a manager and see what they say to do.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose I am old fashioned but I would call AT&T back again and ask to speak to a Manager in the sales dept. where you ordered it, GIve them your order and confirmation number and tell them what happened. Maybe they will tell you to send it back and send you a pre-paid lable but then you have at least informed a manager and see what they say to do.

I agree. Furthermore, get names & employee numbers or the equivalent as well as dates & times of your call(s). The main thing is to have a record of you attempting to correct a mistake that they made. Finally, send an email to AT&T's sales department depicting your situation and all you've done to correct their mistake. Emails must be kept for a certain period of time in regard to businesses.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If the Phone slipped through the cracks and you wont be charged. Darth Sidious says keep it. Yoda says return it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Definitely return it. It is not yours to decide whether or not you should keep it. Frankly, I am surprised you even had to ask??? But glad you did:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

See there we all are telling you to do the same thing and be honest except for Blink of course but we all know what he is like...LOL ;). Just kidding Blink but do what JustMe'd and I suggested and then if nothing in 30 days at least I then suppose you lucked into another phone that you can do as you please. You will still have to activate it on another line and data plan I would suppose?? Anyone know this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I have to wait a bill cycle for the computer to catch up to make sure it's returned the proper way.

Well not to beat a dead horse but wait for that billing cycle and then follow up as JustMe'D suggested as I also and return it. Just remember tp make sure that you persist, you will feel better in the dlong run and enjoy the new iPhone you have now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73