To jailbreak or not too jailbreak...??

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok I think I'm going to take the plunge. Can anyone give me an estimate on how long the process takes?

lizinnyc

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think I'm going to take the plunge. Can anyone give me an estimate on how long the process takes?

It's a quick process - a couple of minutes to download the jailbreak software (depending on your internet connection) and another 5-7 minutes to run the software. I did both my iphone 5 and my husband's, and both went quickly and smoothly. Shopping around in Cydia can take some time, though it is much smoother now that it was earlier in the week. Good luck!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't experienced any battery drain in fact at almost 10 PM my iPhone is at 70% which is pretty amazing. Battery drain is such a bag of tricks there are tons of threads with people on stock iOS experiencing it. The most important thing is to read through some threads and get a feel for some of the more well known apps and what they are used to do. Jailbreaking can severely enhance your device by allowing you to do things so much more efficiently, easily and quickly. However you have to understand that you need to remain cool if things become a little unstable. Just ask here and wait until you get some advice. If you panic you can end up doing more damage requiring a restore and frustration for yourself. Since you're starting out I'll give you a hint of the apps I use and for what reason.

Bulletin - Notification from lock screen, ability to dismiss lock screen notifications
BiteSMS - Answer and compose iMessages and texts from the lock screen
NCSettings - Toggles in the Notification Center for main things (Wifi, Bluetooth, etc)
Infinidock - Infinately scrolling dock allows me to put as many icons and folders on the dock as I want
Showcase - Changes the keyboard so it shows upper and lower case letters like you would expect
NoSpot - Disables spotlight function (can't stand it)
Lockscreen Clock Hide - Hides the clock on the lock screen
iFile - Browse the file system of the device on the device (Very advanced!!!)
Zeppelin - Changes carrier logo
Winterboard - Used to enable and disable themes and tweaks

Always check for updates in Cydia once in awhile and just like the App store do them so you're up to date.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Pirating is not confined to Jailbreakers so lets not act like that is the only reason people Jailbreak. People pirate games, movies, applications on computers ALL the time. Sure people pirate on iOS and that is sad but all we can do is properly help people asking here and do the little we can.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does jailbreaking unlock the Wi-Fi tethering feature? Currently I cannot turn on that feature without calling AT&T to upgrade my data package.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Something else that came to mind. One jailbroken do you have the option of changing your default mail client and mobile browser?

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does jailbreaking unlock the Wi-Fi tethering feature? Currently I cannot turn on that feature without calling AT&T to upgrade my data package.

you can download mywi for tethering. I think its like $10 or $20, one time fee. Then you can use tethering without paying AT&T a monthly fee.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox