TiPb Birthday Bash: Pre-Celebration Contest Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRom

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Here are some contest ideas

Here are some that I came up with. If I think of more I will post them.

write a song about iphone.
create iphone icon.
create iphone wallpaper.
Funniest picture with iphone.
most creative avitar.
iphone howto video.
worst uses for iphone.
put iphone into famous artwork (Photoshop contest).
best iphone imposters(non iphones that wish they were).
creative ways to retire a 3g iphone when the new one comes out.

joseedwin

May 6, 2009
Visit site
sharing my story

Hi my name is jose edwin, i just registered to these forums, the coolest iphone forums, and i have been reading the blog for more than two months now, i read it every day. i have it bookmarked on my igoogle page for easy access when i am at work. i recently got an iphone for my birthday back in march and i found this blog to be the best iphone news blog ever, i keep coming back everyday, sometimes 20 times a day to read something new each time. i have come to love my iphone just by reading reviews, comments, and by mentioning apps here on the blog and on the forums.

Contest Idea: Your best app review, a thorough review of your favorite app that others found it to be useful.

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I think a pretty funny idea for a contest would be for people to take a pic of their iPhone with all accessories on it so we can see who has the most outrageous accessorized iPhone.

iphonedtx

May 6, 2009
Visit site
what about the most unconventional use of your phone. not just and ipod, phone or sms device, but something great. me? I use my metronome and tuner all of the time

middle8media

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Subscribers submit their iPhone's name (assuming people name their iPhone like they name their pets), you guys pick your favorite and maybe even have catagories:

Bestest
Most Classy
iPhoniest
Most Truthy
etc....

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Here are a few that I came up with :)

Create an iPhone commercial for the supposed new iPhone. What features would you like for it to have? Show us in your video spoof.

Use a Fart App in a public place (like a family gathering, out at the mall, wherever) and record it. Whoever has the funniest, most creative video wins.

iPhone in everyday life. Photoshop or draw iPhone features on everyday things. Would it be good to have a slide to unlock feature on your car? No way! Anyone can break in! Or how about the double tap feature on your paycheck, makes things bigger. I'd like that! Give everyday things the ability to do what the iPhone does. Will the outcome be good or bad?

Come up with a list of made up apps you think would be rejected from the App Store. *BONUS* Make icons to go with them.

Last edited:

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Worst car crash

My idea is for people to write in about their worst car accident while using their iPhone. I don't recommend doing it, but I just can't go more than fifteen minutes without watching Susan Boyle sing her heart out. Just for the record, I haven't been in an iPhone accident (yet.)

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Contest ideas:
  • Finding the most interesting app in the App Store.
  • Finding the most downloaded app or game in the App Store.
  • What I wouldn't buy with a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card.
  • How would a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card make me a better person.
  • In these economically rough times how much could you squeeze out of a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card?

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
How about the best picture someone has of using their iPhone with a background. Say you have a background of leaves, try to make the iPhone look like some of the leaves using the screen.

jnamcharg

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I think a good contest would be to ask contestants to take a screen shot of their home screen and explain why the chosen few made the cut.

Last edited:

jnamcharg

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm. Give contestants a limited budget and have them describe what accessories they would buy from the TiPb Phone Store and why. Most creative or best explanation gets all the accessories on their list.

jnamcharg

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Allright, one more. Start a special forum section and ask contestants to create new topics. The topic that has the most different people who post in a given time frame get the prize. People will get their friends to post- but that's the idea. You could also just look and reward the people who have already done this...

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
App store treasure hunt - follow clues to find a certain final app/clue. Contact a couple developers and have them each add a clue to the bottom of their app description page leading to the next app in the contest. (TiPB provides the initial clue.) This would be great for the developers (lots of publicity) and fun to play (following all the clues to find the final app in the contest).

Status
Not open for further replies.