Time to transfer data, apps and all info to new phone?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Currently transferring all my stuff to new iPhone 13 pro max. Some of my texts aren’t transferring and all kinds of apps just listed as waiting. How long Should it take if doing it from iCloud? Just paranoid I’ll lose something and I’ll be double checking before I wipe old phone clean.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
How are you doing this? Are you using "Quick Start" or are you going through iTunes? I used "Quick Start" and it took at least 2 hours (maybe more, depending on how much data is being transferred) for everything to download.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
How are you doing this? Are you using "Quick Start" or are you going through iTunes? I used "Quick Start" and it took at least 2 hours (maybe more, depending on how much data is being transferred) for everything to download.

I did the quick start. Top option on the list. The other option said like 1 hr 15 minutes. But I’m doing the one thru ICloud storage. It seems like it just bounces all over what gets transferred when. Only a quarter of my pics are moved. And some apps. Like maybe thats just how it works.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I did the quick start. Top option on the list. The other option said like 1 hr 15 minutes. But I’m doing the one thru ICloud storage. It seems like it just bounces all over what gets transferred when. Only a quarter of my pics are moved. And some apps. Like maybe thats just how it works.

I think so! It worked well for me, and I don't believe that I lost a thing. It's a bit nerve-wracking. Hang in there!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I would leave it run overnight. Especially with anything iCloud, it can be rate-limited to prevent server overload when huge chunks of data are uploaded/downloaded.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
@mws_1984, I'm curious. How did things go with your transfer? Did everything transfer properly?

Seems like it just randomly did things as it felt. Not all the photos at once but in groups. My gps wasn’t working then suddenly was. Still need to go thru and log back into all my stuff.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Seems like it just randomly did things as it felt. Not all the photos at once but in groups. My gps wasn’t working then suddenly was. Still need to go thru and log back into all my stuff.

Indeed! But at least logging back in is simple enough thanks to KeyChain!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner